Daily exercise log for everyone :)

I shoveled lots of snow multiple times today does that count as a workout?

Other than that called in worm cause roads were crappy as it was a blizzard for most of the day we have 9 inches so far. It slowed down a bit now but they are calling for it to go until midnight.

Lisa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frezflops said:

I shoveled lots of snow multiple times today does that count as a workout?

I would count it.  Compound movement working the legs, back, shoulders, arms, and obliques.  Throw in the cardio component of shoveling and you have yourself one of the better exercises known to man.

When life gives you a blizzard, make it into a workout opportunity.

22 hours ago, babs609 said:

Lost 70 lbs 3 years ago...kept it off for a year and even lost a few more inches.  Then...over the last year and a half....the scale slowly moved up. 

Sarge has resigned himself to the life of a YoYo. 

Training season begins ... lose 25 to 30 pounds over the next 8 or 9 months ...

Training season ends ... gain 25 to 30 in a lousy 3 or 4 months. 

Down, up, down, up, down, up ... 

It's been the ongoing story for about 6 years now. 

But it's better than the 25 years prior of continuous and ongoing up, up, up, up.  If it had kept up at its prior rate, Sarge would be going at about 290 these days (BMI of 40-ish - extremely Obese).  With the running/training keeping it in check, even though it fluctuates, it stays between 155 and 185 (21 to 25 BMI - "Normal" range). 

Up and down is better than continuously up. 

Recognize when you go out of bounds and reign it back in .

We did it before, we can do it again, right?

EZPZ

• Like 3

I walked on the treadmill on an incline for 45 minutes then 10 minutes of shoveling snow. What is everyone else doing today? Everyone meeting their personal goals? We got this!!!

And good luck on training for the iron man, Sarge, I have no doubt that you can do it.

Lisa

• Like 2

Good workout this morning.  Did my planned boxing work plus additional jump rope work and a couple of bonus rounds on the double-end bag.  I will master the double-end bag eventually.

• Like 2

I just ran my fastest mile ever, granted the fastest before was 15 whole minutes. But I made 14mins today. A little unorthdox methods considering I ran back and forth in like a 5foot space.. but i will take it.

• Like 2

Sarge - who most of you know regularly ran Full Marathons during the first years of his quit ... just completed his first 10k in 2+ years. 

Holy shit getting back in Marathon Shape is a job-and-a-half.

This IronMan thing is gonna hurt. 

10k (6.2 miles) @ 49:36 (8:00/mile)

EZPZ

• Like 2

Did some leg and core work this morning.  Finished up with some mobility drills.  I'm hoping to get in at least 45 minutes of running on the trails close to my house this afternoon.

Skipped my planned boxing work this morning because my left shoulder started hurting when I was doing dips yesterday.  Not a serious injury by any means, but a couple of days resting the shoulders would probably be a good idea.

• Like 1

I've been off caffeine for many years and someone was not careful with my coffee and gave me regular instead of decaf last evening and I hardly slept the entire night.  No exercise this morning as I was a zombie and had to start packing my office up (moving this Friday night- so excited!!!)   Tomorrow is another day but I've got a really early start so I dunno... we'll see....