Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Kwik e Mart Gougers went into the playoffs as a bottom seed. We fought our way thru the playoffs to make the championship game last night. Sadly we got whooped but at least the other team was better than us so it takes some of the sting off. Now on to Winter league

gougers.jpg.d2ed374acf2ecc37e5ede401e14fe909.jpg

Edited by AceWhite
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got back on an actual schedule this morning with my workouts.  I've been doing a bit here and a bit there; some days not doing much of anything.

The plan is stripped down and sticks with the basics.  Monday and Thursday: Deadlift, Overhead Press, Farmer's Walks, and 15 minutes of steady-state rowing.  Tuesday and Friday: Squat, Bench Press, Sled Pushes, and five 3 minute rounds on the heavy bag.

Looking to clean up my eating a bit as well.  Not making any promises, but an attempt will be made.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, my NordicTrack is on the fritz, repairman came yesterday, and the part they ordered did not fix the problem. Seems I need a whole new console, so have to wait all over again, for part to be shipped here, then have repairman come out again. In the meantime, I am doing my driveway laps. outside. Each lap is about the length of a football field,(very long country driveway), and I do at least 30. Crap! 

Kat

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

When I ran on the treadmill ( and I use the word ran loosely, because, I mostly power walked), I would do  2 full miles daily, all uphill. Since I had to switch to my driveway course, I thought I was doing a shorter distance. I couldn’t figure out why it took longer. Was I going slower? So, my boyfriend measured the course for me. It turns out each lap is 350 feet, so longer than I thought. Multiplied by 33 laps and divided by 5,280, it works out to almost 2.2 miles. So, Yea me! The extra length somewhat  makes up for the lack of incline. I’m getting a pretty good workout, and doing it every single day. Go, Grandma, Go! 😊😂

Kat

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

When my son was 4 I bought him ice hockey skates. We would go to the ice rink on Sunday mornings at 5 am before anyone was there so he could slap at pucks & dad didn't have to worry about him getting run over by other skaters. He eventually got pretty good and traveled the US with a Jr team. Fast forward 24 years from those early cold mornings and we're playing on the same beer league team. Nothing beats feeding your kid an outlet pass for a breakaway score.

Father/ son time

Absolutely priceless

Life is beautiful- God is good

• Like 4

Hi everyone, I work from home now, and im actually exercising more now as I just need to get out the house and see people!  So im at the gym pretty much Monday - Friday after work, and on a good weekend ill sneak in a wee weekend sesh. Tonight is a new class ive stated doing just a few months ago, its a HIIT class but with weights, its reallllly tough! But I enjoy it.  I dont use heavy weights by any means, I know I should push up the weights, but it would be too hard 🙂 So ill be doing this class after work today -

LES MILLS GRIT™ Strength is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout, designed to improve strength, cardiovascular fitness and build lean muscle. This workout uses barbell, weight plate and bodyweight exercises to blast all major muscle groups. LES MILLS GRIT Strength takes cutting-edge HIIT and combines it with powerful music and inspirational coaches who will be down on the floor with you, motivating you to go harder to get fit, fast.

• Like 4

Body step again tonight, its a great way to start the weekend, i like the friday class as its quieter.

WHAT IS BODYSTEP?

Basic stepping, just like walking up and down stairs, is at the heart of BODYSTEP™ – a full-body cardio workout to really tone your butt and thighs.

In a BODYSTEP workout you can expect a mixture of upbeat, rhythmic stepping, with squat and lunge patterns to work the legs. Combine this with movements like burpees, push ups and weight plate exercises, and the result is a fun, uplifting, full-body workout! Don’t worry, there’s heaps of options so that everyone leaves feeling successful.

Our bubbly and approachable instructors coach you through the workout. We play invigorating, hit music and inject a whole lot of fun and personality along the way. You can burn up to 540 calories** and you’ll leave buzzing with satisfaction.

• Like 2

No exercise over the weekend and feeling a bit sluggish and tired today but im going to the gym after work, it will make me feel better and will help me get a good sleep tonight. Its body attack tonight -

BODYATTACK™ is a high-energy fitness class with moves that cater for total beginners to total addicts. We combine athletic movements like running, lunging and jumping with strength exercises such as push-ups and squats. An instructor will pump out energizing tunes and lead you through the workout – challenging your limits in a good way, burning up to 555 calories** and leaving you with a sense of achievement.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 7:25 AM, WeegieWoman said:

Is noone else exercising???!!!

I'm staying consistent with my four days-per-week workouts.  Monday and Thursday: Deadlift, Overhead Press, Farmer's Walks, and 15 minutes of steady-state on the rower.  Tuesday and Friday: Squat, Bench Press, Sled Pushes, and five three-minute rounds on the heavy bag.  There is little to no variance in the plan other than adding a few pounds on the lifts here and there.

I have been doing more power sled pushing of late.  Mostly due to the fact that my two year-old daughter can sit on the plates and hold the bar while daddy takes her for a ride.  Even when my legs and lungs are burning, she says: "Again!"  Don't be fooled by how cute she is, that little girl is a demanding trainer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1