Daily exercise log for everyone :)

• 3 weeks later...

My 148th day of yoga in a row. That is every day this year, after I finally managed to start a daily practice! It took me 9 months to start it, which is fairly fitting to be fair 😂

Today was "Balancing Ocean Flow" which went well enough. Managed Crow Pose for the second time 🐦

• Like 3

I suppose a little celebration is in order: today was my 150th day of yoga in a row! 🥳

Ups and downs, but I kept showing up for myself on the mat and I love it! Getting stronger and more flexible, and even managed to mostly fix my bad back and pelvis after over 10 years of problems! Why didn't I hear of Yin Yoga before?!?

It will only go up from here as I also leave the cigarettes behind me! 💪

• Like 3

This is day 4 of not working out, at all. I did go out today, to the DMV, so did accomplish something. I am recuperating from a very nasty flare up of Diverticulitis. Running, lifting weights, and boxing do not seem like a good idea, while my gut is infected. My fever is gone, and  the pain is greatly diminished, but still there. My energy level is much lower than usual. It’s hard to reconcile that the day before I was in the ER, I ran 2 miles up hill, and did my heavy bag work. In retrospect, it did seem harder than usual. I just have to be patient. I will allow myself 3 more days of rest, before restarting my routine. For now, I am listening to my body. 

Kat

• Like 3

16 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Day 3 of State Softball Masters Championships.... sitting in my oodie with 2 different tens machines on different body parts glad we didn't make a meddle game.

Sorry ....youv, e lost me on this one chuck lol....

Oodie...over sized hoodie going almost to your knees made from a chenille blanket and lined with Sherpa fleece...so basically a giant hoodieade outa a doona.

Tens machine... infratense machine...little sticky pads you stick on your body connected to a machine that sends buzzy electricity through your muscles. Supposedly it's like a massage and heals/relaxes your body but I suspect it just makes you twitch and look odd.

I was glad my team didn't make finals to win a medal because I was so broken I had no more games left in me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been nursing a hamstring injury for almost a month, and it's been super difficult to stay basically inactive for the last 3 weeks. The initial injury wasn't too bad, but I tried to come back too quick a few times and made it worse, prolonging recovery. Hurt it playing hockey, and im convinced its due to not hydrating properly and staying hydrated.

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My treadmill is on the fritz, so back to power walking outside. Doing a half hour daily until my treadmill gets repaired. Apparently, when we moved it,to put in new flooring, something got screwed up.  Most likely,  the wiring got pinched, so it is getting electric, but won’t power up. Screen won’t turn on. I really miss it. 

Kat