Daily exercise log for everyone :)

• 2 weeks later...

The holidays are over, time to clean up the diet and get back after it.

I'm doing a boxing workout six days a week.  If you've never tried a boxing routine, I highly suggest it.  Great workout and it is downright cathartic.  A few rounds of work on the heavy bag is a great way to relieve stress.

I'm adding in strength work at the end of my boxing.  Just doing the four fundamental lifts on a 3x5 schedule.  Did Deadlifts and Overhead Presses today, will do Squats and Bench Press tomorrow.

Healthy New Year everybody.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Went on a two week road trip, up the coast to Oregon, visited John’s relatives, and walked the beach. Also hiked in the Redwoods. We also spent 5 days at my home. Had fun, but missed my power walking workouts. I did resume them, as soon as we returned to his ranch ( which he calls “our ranch”). My stamina did not seem to suffer much. I was able to resume my workouts at the same speed and incline, as before I left. I am still doing exactly 2 miles a day, at a max speed of 3.8 mph, and a max incline of 6%. John worries that I am pushing myself too hard, for my age, but I told him that as long as I can carry on a normal conversation, while working out, I’m fine.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Get well soon ...being a non smoker has helped so much ...👍

Absolutely no doubt that being a non smoker and in good physical shape helped greatly.

Thank you Doreen almost 100%- have a hockey game this eve & thinking im ready

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad you feel better, Ace. Just a few weeks ago, my son, Ian, who is stationed in Japan, in the USAF, flew home for a work conference, and got it.  He had been vaccinated with the J and J vaccine. He said it was just like a cold. His cough lingered for a bit, though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still doing my treadmill work and some weight lifting. Power walking uphill 2 miles every single day. I am thinking of getting a heavy bag and some boxing gloves. I think that would be great for my anxiety issues, as well as my physical health. I am amazed at my commitment to exercise.

Kat

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Katgirl said:

I am thinking of getting a heavy bag and some boxing gloves. I think that would be great for my anxiety issues, as well as my physical health.

Do it.

I've worked out a lot of issues in my life by getting in a few rounds on the heavy bag.  Bag work is cathartic.  Damn good workout as well.

• Like 2

My rationale is that my legs are in great shape, from all my treadmill work,  but my core and upper body could benefit from boxing. I remember my Mom telling me, years ago, that her Dad taught her how to box, as he was a semi-pro fighter. So, I’d be continuing a family tradition. Pretty cool, when I think of my Grandpa and my Mom having been into the same thing. It may seem weird to start it so late in life, but it could be really good for me.

Kat

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I did it! I bought an 80 pound bag, a stand for it, which also has a place to hang a speed bag, and 14 oz boxing gloves. Oh, I bought the speed bag too. That should be fun. I haven’t filled it with air yet. But the heavy bag is all set up. What fun! I pretend I’m really boxing, guarding my face, throwing jabs, right hooks, left hooks, uppercuts, etc. I’m surprised how fast it tires me. I’m starting out with 15 minute sessions. I highly recommend this. What a great stress buster!

KAT

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 5

It's been a while since I posted here ..when I decided to walk a mile in my living room every day ...

This is a person who before I quit was at risk of having two feet amputated ...folks don't always think it's your lungs that suffer ...anyway ...

I now do no less than 15,000 steps ....this is over 6 miles ...every single day ...

Some days it's 10 miles ....

All you need to keep fit is ....your living room and trainers ...oh ...and you tube ...👍😁🐸

• Like 4

Just finished my heavy bag workout. Did 20 minutes. I think that’s a good amount of time for just starting out. I got some wraps to wear under the gloves, after reading the pros and cons of their use. There are bare knuckle fighters out there who don’t see a need for them. For me, I figure these old bones need as much protection as they can get. There are 27 bones in the hand. After my son, Ian, mentioned “micro fractures” is a thing that happens, I was sold. My plan is to do the bag workout 3 times  a week, and on alternate days, work out with my dumbells. My treadmill workout is still 7 days a week, 2 miles uphill the whole way, at a rapid pace. I start at a 5% incline, for one mile, then increase by .5% each quarter mile, and end at 7%. My calorie burn is up to 350. Not too shabby for an old broad, me thinks! 😂

Kat

• Like 2

1243778220_IMG_14264141r.thumb.jpg.07bb4a2e0881e083a7038baa03b3f598.jpg

My hard work is paying off & I hit the big time

Kwik-E-Mart Gougers offered me a contract I couldn't refuse for Friday night ice hockey beer league.

Only cost me $500 for the season and bring beer every 5th game

Cool jerseys- remember on The Simpsons?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1