Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Still doing two 2 mile sessions per day, uphill the whole time, on my treadmill. Lately, I’ve had some heel discomfort, which I think is related to the incline. Some minor plantar fasciitis, me thinks. So, I have added padding to the affected heel, and lowered the incline a bit. It hasn’t caused me to slow my speed or decrease my calorie burn. So, I am still going full steam ahead, and enjoying the  satisfaction of having a daily exercise routine. I could be a little more diligent with my weight work, which I tend to neglect, for some reason. Not sure what that’s about. 

• Like 1

Completed LA Triathlon on 10/24 3:28

Good swim and bike and a slow run but a decent finish.

I know my weakness and spent the last week working on run only.

Monday is the opening for registration to Ironman 70.3 Oceanside hoping to score a slot for the race 4/2/2022

• Like 5

7 hours ago, AceWhite said:

Completed LA Triathlon on 10/24 3:28

Good swim and bike and a slow run but a decent finish.

I know my weakness and spent the last week working on run only.

Monday is the opening for registration to Ironman 70.3 Oceanside hoping to score a slot for the race 4/2/2022

Very envious.

100 pushups done. + 3.5mi walk, 15 kettle bell swings, 15 horizontal lat pulls, 30 situps

• Like 1

We had to cut the hike short as one person developed heel pain about a couple of hours in.  We made our way back but the uphill and downhill climbs were very slow with breaks.

I suffered from heel pain for nearly 2 years and know how bad it can get.

The last nice weekend of the year and people were out in numbers.

• Like 2

I have been sticking to my routine of two 2 mile power walks per day. My average speed is 3.5 miles/hr, and the entire 4 miles is an uphill climb. I start at 3.5 % and increase it to a max of 6%, by the time I am done.  Each session lasts 35 minutes. I generally watch something on my big screen TV, while I walk. When I finish each session, I am drenched in sweat, and I have burned 315 calories. I am most proud of my consistency. Once in a great while I will skip one of the 2 sessions, for no other reason than to just treat myself to a break. I think I have done that twice in the past 3 months. Keep in mind that I do these workouts 7 days a week. The scale is finally moving to the left a bit. I decided to add more weight training to my routine. At my son, Ian’s suggestion, I bought  Bowflex adjustable dumbells that can go from 5 to 55 lbs. each, and can be increased by 2.5 lbs at a time. They arrived yesterday. Naturally, I will start at 5 lbs. Ian, who works out, using a program called Nerd Fitness, has been sending me articles to read, that should be helpful. I  think I will order a weight bench, to complete my small home gym. Turns out, they aren’t that pricey. I will let you know what I think of the weights.

• Like 3

I always put on a bit of weight around the holidays.  Rather than fight it this year, I'm just going to lean into it.  Figure if I'm going to bulk a bit might as well start a powerlifting program.

I'm going with a four day split, alternating volume and intensity.

Monday: Deadlifts (1x5), Highboy Rows (3x5), Romanian Deadlifts (3x5)

Tuesday: Squat (1x5), Bench Press (3x5), Overhead Press (3x5)

Thursday: Deadlifts (3x5), Highboy Rows (2x5), Romanian Deadlifts (2x5)

Friday: Squat (3x5), Bench Press (1x5), Overhead Press (1x5)

It might look like overeating, but I'm calling it "bulking."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Still keeping up my daily training schedule, of 2 mile power walks, uphill the whole distance. Every other day, I work out with barbells, in an effort to strengthen and tone my upper body. Sometimes, I try to skip a treadmill session, just to take a break, but my inner drive, or type A personality won’t allow it. I went to the Doctor the other day, and I am 8 pounds lighter than when I was last there, a year ago. So weight loss is slow, but it is happening. Probably better that it is slowly coming off. The older I get, the harder to lose weight. I am sometimes tempted to try crazy weight loss schemes, but my common sense tells me it’s all BS! Reality is, that though I’m somewhat overweight, I look O. K., and feel even better. 

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been mixing it up and keeping it fun. Rejoined adult ice hockey league after a few years off and having a blast. Took my runs to the hills literally with hill repeats added to my runs along some dirt fire roads & seeing the results in my overall fitness. Cycling on the weekends only because damn its dark at 4:45 pm whats up with that?

Enjoying the brisk mornings and bright sunsets of winter, and looking forward to warmer days in a few months

Merry Christmas everyone

• Like 1

When I was young I loved to ice skate.  My husband did not take to it.  Our son enjoyed it but is was hard to make time to skate with his other activities.   I was thinking this week it would be fun to take the grandson.  I am past my prime and had a hip replacement this year but I cannot think of anything some special I would like to share with my grandson.  Things are now on lock down as his Mom has Covid and they are in quartine.  Maybe we could do it after quartine, I just don't know if I should try with the hip.  I would be happy just to see him give a go.