Daily exercise log for everyone :)

24 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

Happy Tuesday everybody keeping myself outta the way so there’s nothing stopping me

now 

2900 meter swim this morning and just wrapped up a 25 mile bike rids along oil infested Huntington Beach

Training for another Ironman?

• Like 1

Start date 9/24 start wt 179.0. Goal is to be under 174.0 for 3 days in a row by 11/1.

Current - 10/6 - wt 177.0 

Exercise - Hi intensity - 4 circuits of 20 pushups, 15 weighted situps, 15 horizontal rows
+
5min stretching and Movnat mobility training

Eating
Breakfast - 2 strips bacon, banana
Lunch - Chicken/bacon wrap, grapes
Dinner - Small amount of bbq ribs 

Snacks - 1 soda, Ice cream

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Katgirl said:

Training for another Ironman?

Not yet but who knows about 2022!

Staying focused on current goal which is Los Angeles Triathlon in a few weeks

This week & next are last two weeks of training- hardest & longest also- then a taper week before race day

Another long session in the pool this morning 2900 meters total

Long run this eve 55 minutes probably on the trail at dusk

1 hour ago, JustinHoot99 said:

Eating

Bacon wrapped banana sounds pretty good

• Like 3

Love everyone’s commitment to their goals I have added some moderate weight lifting to my regimen.I actually use a very long barbell without the weights attached. Basically it’s the long pole which is quite heavy, and perfect for my needs I do front curls and lift it behind my back to tone and strengthen my upper arms. I also completed my two 2 mile power walks with a 3.5 % incline halfway both times, 3 % the other half. Speed remains 3.5 mph, which is a very brisk walking pace. The last 2 days my lower back bothered me while doing it, but I powered through the discomfort. No pain, no gain.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Katgirl said:

I actually use a very long barbell without the weights attached. Basically it’s the long pole which is quite heavy, 

Most barbells are 45lb if you were wondering.  Not only are they heavy, you have the added work of balancing them due to their length.  Great job.  I'd like to see more women incorporate wt lifting into their workouts.  Both sexes benefit from it.

3 hours ago, Katgirl said:

The last 2 days my lower back bothered me while doing it, but I powered through the discomfort. No pain, no gain.

I have no lower back pain when I'm on the trail walking, hills, or jogging.  But for some reason, when I used to got a gym and would incorporate the treadmill, it would hurt my lower back when I would try to push it.  Not sure why.

• Like 3

Start date 9/24 start wt 179.0. Goal is to be under 174.0 for 3 days in a row by 11/1.

Current - 10/7 - wt 177.0 

Exercise - Shoulder pain this morning, so just stretching and Movnat mobility training

Eating
Dinner - Small amount of bbq ribs 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AceWhite said:

roadrunner.jpg.75e2fbec1c233d874521c032df137c52.jpg

How I run in my mind

image.png.c82eace4f2c037c82ae4e37ca1f4088a.png

Back when I was trail running, I loved talking about the mileage I was doing.

Then someone would ask me about my time.  That's when the obfuscation started.  "The concept of time is a mystery."  "You have to take your time out there, really soak it all in."

I'm not built for speed, but I can trudge it out with the best of them.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Boo said:

Then someone would ask me about my time.  That's when the obfuscation started.  "The concept of time is a mystery."  "You have to take your time out there, really soak it all in."

I'm not built for speed, but I can trudge it out with the best of them.

I trail run/jog.  My slow speed is just cause I suck at running/jogging.  I'm good at neither speed nor distance. But I'm might borrow your reason sometime. lol

• Like 3

Current - 10/8 - wt 177.6 

Exercise - HIIH
15 KB swings, 15 lift n press, 15 weighted situps, 15 horizonal lat pull, 15 overhead rock throw, 30 pushpus, 20 seated dips + 15min stretching.

Eating
Dinner - Culvers 

Good full body w/o tonight.

• Like 4

In my mind, I too run like those elite runners but reality is more like a slow shuffle that has a hard time overtaking someone on a stroll.  I too stick to distance discussions rather than speed.

It's been great running temperature last few days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gorgeous ride on the roadie yesterday at dusk. Banged out 22 miles around Newport Beach back bay

This morning I taught a class then rode 26 miles with an immediate 2.5 mile run. Getting used to running on tired legs- more of a mind trip than anything once I get going I feel good first 1/2 mile was brutal. Feeling accomplished time for a nap

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

Gorgeous ride on the roadie yesterday at dusk. Banged out 22 miles around Newport Beach back bay

This morning I taught a class then rode 26 miles with an immediate 2.5 mile run. Getting used to running on tired legs- more of a mind trip than anything once I get going I feel good first 1/2 mile was brutal. Feeling accomplished time for a nap

@AceWhite Good job!! You deserve a nap! What classes do you teach if I may ask. Not sure how you have time for all you do. We will start calling you iron man on the train. 😁😁😁😁

• Like 1

Incorporating a little weight training into my daily routine feels good. Nothing major. Just some upper body work.  I think it may be helping with my right shoulder. As near as I can tell, I have a partial rotator cuff tear. Being a medical professional, and an excellent diagnostician, I’d bet money on it. It has been bothering me for months, though showing some slight improvement, lately. The light  weight lifting seems to help. I am still on a roll on the treadmill, literally.😊 I have not missed a beat. I am still doing two 2 mile sessions daily. I am keeping the speed at 3.5mph, but have been gradually increasing the incline. By the end of each session, the incline is at 4%. It doesn’t sound like much, but I can certainly feel it. I burn 600 calories daily on the treadmill, each day. As for diet, I am eating lighter, avoiding red meat, per my Cardiologist’s suggestion, and drinking only water, also at her direction. I am proud of my dedication to my exercise regimen. I have not skipped even one workout, since I got my treadmill. 

• Like 4

I know some days are difficult to get moving- excellent job with consistency Katgirl!

Distances mean nothing it's the amount of effort that counts.

2 miles uphill is quite a distance btw 

Edited by AceWhite

3 hours ago, JustinHoot99 said:

I recommend a new Cardiologist.  A body needs Dr Pepper.

I agree, and will cheat occasionally, for my favorite carbonated beverage, which does happen to be Dr. Pepper. Having said that, carbonation weakens the bones. So moderation is key. Also, when I do  drink soda, it’s not the diet variety. Give me the real deal, please. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JustinHoot99 said:

200 Pushups + 200 situps this morning on the local Disc Golf course. Alternated sets of 20 reps of situps and pushups at each of the 18 baskets. Then did one more set of each just in case some else did the same thing today so I could say I did more.

image.png.474e8d334aa60e68dcbd2cc46d4e4200.png

I just learned about disc golf this Summer, when I discovered the odd course at a local park, and witnessed some guys playing. 

50 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

I just learned about disc golf this Summer, when I discovered the odd course at a local park, and witnessed some guys playing. 

I spent about 500hrs volunteering to help build the thing but have never played, just no interest.  But they are great to use for exercise, especially if they are in the woods. I do all kinds of exercises using the course and the woods.