Daily exercise log for everyone :)

5 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

2900 meters this morning in the pool- longest workout to date. These swims are all drills: todays main set was 7x200 with 20 seconds rest between, 5x100 with 5 sec rest. This afternoon I went for a 3.5 mile trail run.

@AceWhite Wow you are kicking butt good job!!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JustinHoot99 said:

@Boo  Great w/o.  I like the emphasis on full body movements.

Dan John is one of my favorite strength coaches.  He emphasizes training movements rather than training muscles.  Dan coined the phrase "Frankenstein workouts" to describe those regimens that treat the body as a collection of parts rather than the coordinated system that it is.

I would go so far as to say all one really needs for a total body strength routine are the four core lifts: Deadlift, Squat, Overhead Press, and Bench Press.  Farmer's Walks and Chin-Ups are a couple of fine supplemental exercises to add that really round everything out.

Simplicity and efficiency are two of my favorite things in the world.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 2

Start date 9/24 start wt 179.0. Goal is to be under 174.0 for 3 days in a row by 11/1.

Current - 9/30 - wt 176.2. 

Exercise - Tonight was my light nite so just a 1/3 mi walk.

Eating
Breakfast - 2 strips bacon, banana
Lunch - Wrap w/ chicken, bacon, spinach, tomatos.  And grapes
Dinner - Grilled hamburger patty (no bun), large salad

Snacks - 1 soda, 2 slices of cheese, pear.

My diet will be pretty close to the same for the next 30 days.  The dinner meat will change some and an occasional treat at nite, but should look fairly similar every day.

• Like 2

Start date 9/24 start wt 179.0. Goal is to be under 174.0 for 3 days in a row by 11/1.

Current - 9/30 - wt 175.8. 

Exercise - Strength w/o.  
15 horizontal lat pulls
15 weighted situps

15 stone throws (Pick up 20lb rock, jump and press to throw high and out, repeat)
15 log flips

15 brake rotor clean and press

Eating
Lunch - Wrap w/ chicken, bacon, spinach, tomatos.  And grapes
Dinner - Culvers shimp basket.  

Snacks - 1 soda, Bowl of ice cream.

Wt dropped in to the 175's this morning.  But eating a little heavier today (culvers + ice cream) so probably back into 176's tomorrow.  That's OK, I expect noise in the data and only look at the trends.
Exercise was a nice full body workout.  Plenty of full range of movement strength movements.  I love working out in the woods.

• Like 3

Current - 10/2 - wt 175.8. 

Exercise - Strength w/o.  
2hrs white water kayaking

Eating
Lunch - 1/2 chick/bacon wrap and a large brat (bad choice)
Dinner - Pasta dish  

Snacks - 1 soda, Snickers, Bowl of ice cream.

Eating was unhealthy and higher in calories than it should have been.  Hopefully I burnt a significant amount of cal's kayaking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustinHoot99 said:

Current - 10/2 - wt 175.8. 

Exercise - Strength w/o.  
2hrs white water kayaking

Eating
Lunch - 1/2 chick/bacon wrap and a large brat (bad choice)
Dinner - Pasta dish  

Snacks - 1 soda, Snickers, Bowl of ice cream.

Eating was unhealthy and higher in calories than it should have been.  Hopefully I burnt a significant amount of cal's kayaking.

@JustinHoot99 Boy I wish I had your motivation and determination good job!!!

• Like 1

White water kayaking sounds like a fun workout!

Today was my long bike ride and banged out 50 miles in 3 hours- just over 16 mph. It was hot with a headwind last 20 miles luckily I planned and had plenty of water on board

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Kris said:

I have had my arm twisted, my head put in a vice and been tasered and none of it has kept me out of the kitchen...but I have not smoked.  I will worry about the weight later.  I admire your strength!!

K

lol on the kitchen.

10 hours ago, AceWhite said:

Today was my long bike ride and banged out 50 miles in 3 hours- just over 16 mph. It was hot with a headwind last 20 miles luckily I planned and had plenty of water on board

What kind of bike?  Harley? lol  Thats a lot of miles!

Current - 10/3 - wt 175.8. Yep, 3 days in a row

Exercise - Stretching

Eating
Lunch - Skipped lunch
Dinner - Pasta dish  

Snacks - 1 soda, Bowl of ice cream.

Last 2 days were intense exercise, so just stretching tonight.  I do a combination of static stretches and movnat mobility exercises.

Edited by JustinHoot99
  • Like 2

I have maintained my two sessions per day, 2 miles each,  on the treadmill. It takes 35-36 minutes for each session. I use a 2.5 to 3.5 % incline, the whole time, and set the speed to at least 3.5 mph. Total calorie burn is about 575 each day, from my workouts. I have not missed a single workout. It is part of my daily routine. I would feel disappointed if I skipped a session. It feels good to work out every day. My frustration is that my weight does not budge. Maybe the weight gain people generally experience when they quit is at fault. I initially lost about 10 pounds when I started working out, but now I have plateaued. At least I have not gained any weight….. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Katgirl said:

I have not missed a single workout. It is part of my daily routine. I would feel disappointed if I skipped a session. It feels good to work out every day. 

Great job on creating the daily exercise habit. I know what you mean about how you feel once daily exercise is embedded as part of your daily routine.  

When something outside of your normal routine is going to happen, like a visit, appt, etc, I'll bet your mind automatically jumps to "I'm going to need to move the workout later/earlier, etc" just like mine.  If I'm going to visit my daughter for 3 days, my mind will automatically remember to take outdoor w/o clothes appropriate for early morning workouts cause it knows I will need to get the w/o in before everyone else is up so I have the day for visiting.  If my wife mentions going out w/ friends suddenly, my mind is thinking "we can do a quick stretching routine". Thats whats great about turning exercise into a habit.  It's also why when someone ask me how often they should exercise, I tell them every day.  Much easier to create an everyday habit, than a 3 day a week habit.  That doesn't mean you have to do the same type/intensity/duration everyday.  But if you want exercise to be as automated as brushing your teeth, everyday is the way to go.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JustinHoot99 said:

Great job on exercise everyone.  Heres some inspirational music, but I have heard it actually has nothing to do w/ exercise.  Go figure.

Between OIvia NJ and the Farrah Fawcett poster on my wall I was a well exercises

lad 

• Haha 4

Current - 10/4 - wt 175.2 new low

Exercise - HIIH with:
35 standard pushups
15 KB swings
15 horizontal lat swings
10 diamond pushups
20 double crunches
15 weighted situps
20 wide pushups
20 seated dips
+
15min stretching and Movnat mobility training

Eating
Lunch - Chicken/bacon wrap, grapes
Dinner - Pasta dish, carmel apple  

Snacks - 1 soda, 2 donuts

Had a good HIIH workout + got my Movnat mobility routine in.

• Like 3

Hi Justin 

you are doing great with your quit and your weight but I have to keep things light. 

I think I did about 200 curls today bending alternate arms to place food in my mouth.  I did about 50 up and downs letting the dogs in and out.  I did some weight training with the pots and pans as I cooked food I should not be eating.  Of course I should always do some stretching and bending.  Got that done unloading the dishwasher.  

Some day I will be sending you a message to help me eat better and control my weight. Trust me it is going to one heck of a workout for you.

Keep it going, you are tackling two tasks at one time and that only calls for admiration.!

K

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Kris said:

Keep it going, you are tackling two tasks at one time and that only calls for admiration.!

K

Don't admire to much.  I've been exercising every day for the last 3.5 yrs.  It's as much a habit for me as smoking was.  And the diet is just getting a small tweak of removing some of the daily crapalooza of junk food.  I really need to work on the nite time snack now.  Thats the gorilla in the room that needs addressed.  But thank you for the kind words.

• Like 2

Current - 10/5 - wt 176.2 

Exercise - Lite nite.  Guessing a just 1/2 mile on the trail, part job, part walk + 20 weighted situps.
+
5min stretching and Movnat mobility training

Eating
Lunch - Chicken/bacon wrap, grapes
Dinner - Small amount of bbq ribs and salad  

Snacks - 1 soda, 2 donuts, maybe a carmel apple.

Felt pretty tired today so took it easy for exercise today.  

• Like 1