Daily exercise log for everyone :)

24 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

I have stopped drinking sugared beverages,

That is awesome!  Sugar is the enemy of weight loss.  

btw, there is new research to show all calories are not equal.  I won't go into it here as the few people I've mentioned it to have been resistant to the idea but the information is out there if interested.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kris said:

Anything to keep the Doctor off my back.  I lost 25#s for her, now I have gained most of it back due to the quit.  I will be happy when it cools off and I can walk again.

K

It should be cool enough to walk outside, early in the morning and an hour before sundown. I live in northern CA, and now we have smoke from the fires to deal with. So, I am fortunate to have my treadmill, and central AC. I generally do my workout about 4 PM. Interestingly, no doctor has ever suggested I lose weight. I definitely need to, but they never bring it up. Weird!

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Katgirl said:

It should be cool enough to walk outside, early in the morning and an hour before sundown. I live in northern CA, and now we have smoke from the fires to deal with. So, I am fortunate to have my treadmill, and central AC. I generally do my workout about 4 PM. Interestingly, no doctor has ever suggested I lose weight. I definitely need to, but they never bring it up. Weird!

Well I sure need to lose since the quit I went from 125 to 138 I didn't weight that when I was pregnant lol

• Like 1

Today’s workout was easier than yesterday’s. I kept the same incline and speed: 2.5% and 3.3mph for first 20 minutes, then 12 minutes with 3% incline. I did not pause to rest, at all. It felt good. My heart rate was at 132, when I finished, which is safely in my target zone. So, a job well done. I like to work out at about 4:00 P.M. I have been eating a light breakfast, drinking a low cal/ high protein shake for lunch, and eating a sensible dinner. I will allow myself a small snack, if I so choose. No snack today. It’s nice to work towards a worthwhile goal, which, in my case, is to become more physically fit, and a bit slimmer. 😊

• Like 5

Just finished my workout.I was home for 2 days, with My SO this time, so used the Schwinn Upright bike, when there. Just returned to the ranch an hour ago, or so. First up on the agenda: workout! I really had to push myself. I just wasn’t feeling it today. I wanted to quit about 15 minutes in. Here’s the thing , though. I am incapable of quitting. It would have taken chest pain for me to quit before 30 minutes. I couldn’t even lessen my incline or slow my pace. I am THAT crazy! Er,, um, I meant driven. So naturally, I went an extra 2 minutes…..I really struggled, though. My heart rate was a little higher than usual, and my breathing was labored. Naturally, I was sweating a lot, too. I guess some workouts are just harder than others…..😳😬😮🤔

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, d2e8b8 said:

I think it's normal to feel that way on some days.  Lots of factors go into how the body feels on certain days.  Athletes will control their diet and activities days before race day.

If you're looking at committing to an exercise regimen, you need to plan for those "punch the clock" days.  Not really feeling it, but you get in the gym and do the work anyway.

I've had days where I didn't feel like working out, but just by starting the process and doing some work, I ended up having a good workout.  Felt better the rest of the day for having stuck to my routine.

Every now and again you'll have days where your mind and body are perfectly in sync.  You feel motivated and ready to get after it.  Might even feel like grabbing life by the balls and swinging it around.  Enjoy those days, they are few and far between.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boo said:

If you're looking at committing to an exercise regimen, you need to plan for those "punch the clock" days.  Not really feeling it, but you get in the gym and do the work anyway.

I've had days where I didn't feel like working out, but just by starting the process and doing some work, I ended up having a good workout.  Felt better the rest of the day for having stuck to my routine.

Every now and again you'll have days where your mind and body are perfectly in sync.  You feel motivated and ready to get after it.  Might even feel like grabbing life by the balls and swinging it around.  Enjoy those days, they are few and far between.

I hear ya! I never let how I feel stop me from completing my planned workout. I am very stubborn. The only thing that would interfere is illness, or when I am traveling. I don’t trust the cleanliness of hotel gyms, so take a break, when vacationing. 

• Like 2

Good workout 2 days in a row. I power walked 2 complete miles, up a moderate incline, in just over 36 minutes. It was so much easier, than the rough one, a few days ago. I went longer, and did not stop to rest, either day. I am burning about 250 calories in each session, or about 1/2 an average size meal for me. I don’t snack. Today was more of a mixed bag. It was harder, because I did it less than an hour after eating a late lunch. When the body is processing food, it’s already working, so working out at the same time is expending more energy, and I could feel that. Having said that, I increased my speed from 3.3 to 3.5 mph. I did complete over 30 minutes, but did rest for 1 minute at 20 minutes in. Distance was 1.8 miles today, as I had reached my limit. Calorie burn was again about 250, due to increased speed. Overall, I think I am doing well. I am not seeing a lot of results on the scale, but I feel leaner. I keep reminding myself, it’s a slow process…..

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

You're doing awesome @Katgirl

I tried to do a run on the treadmill last night as it was really late but after about 15 mins I was clock watching and at the end of 30 mins I just had to end it

I think my preference is outdoors - new trails or streets that I have not run before.  However, with the days getting shorter and cooler, there will definitely be more treadmill time.

• Like 2

Getting it done- solid progress for me and i'm seeing and feeling the results!

Xterra offroad triathlon next weekend which is gonna be brutal, then 8 weeks to LA Triathlon.

Swims and cycling I have no worries- running is my weakness and while it's progressed i'm far from ready

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AceWhite said:

Getting it done- solid progress for me and i'm seeing and feeling the results!

Xterra offroad triathlon next weekend which is gonna be brutal, then 8 weeks to LA Triathlon.

Swims and cycling I have no worries- running is my weakness and while it's progressed i'm far from ready

Wow....Way - To -Go Ace ....I'm rooting for you !!!🐸

• Like 1

I am thinking of joining a running group, again. I would like to train for  5 K’s. I used to run competitively,  about 5 years ago, and did very well, in my age group. Something to think about. 😊

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 4

I wasn’t feeling like working out, today. I actually quit, after 25 minutes. I usually go 33-35 minutes. But my competitive nature, or stubbornness, or drive, whatever you’d like to call it, could not accept failure. So, an hour later, I got back on the treadmill, and went for another 18 minutes, at 3.5 mph, with a 3% incline the whole time. So, I netted a longer distance and a bigger calorie burn, than normally. I’m still a bit disappointed, in myself, but some days are just tougher than others, I guess.  So, all is good…😊

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 4

Way to go @Katgirl converting your lethargy to an extra workout - you showed you I guess.  If you're thinking of starting running, I'm not a fan of too much treadmill running.  The monotonous nature of the treadmill can potentially aggravate injuries or imbalances - you were a competitive runner so assume you're aware of running related stuff.

It was a beautiful weekend here, not too warm but sunny and was able to do an extended workout on the stairs followed by a trail run.

Edited by d2e8b8
  • Like 3

I've been incorporating more strongman lifts into my strength training, e.g., Farmer's Walks, Sled Pushes, Sled Pulls, Tire Flips, and most recently Sandbags.

This morning I was pressed for time but really wanted to get in a workout.  I did a short but hard sandbag workout: SB Get-Ups, SB Overhead Press, SB Over-the-Shoulder Throws, and finished with Heavy SB Carries.

The workout only lasted twenty-minutes, but thoroughly kicked my ass.  If you're a glutton for punishment on a schedule and you're looking to get strong...I suggest trying a sandbag workout.

• Like 3