Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Great that you found a cool safe place to walk. Physical activity is so beneficial to the body and the mind. I am looking forward to getting back to my routine, in a few weeks, when I return to California. Right now, I am in St. Louis, MO. Later today, on to Kansas City, where my guy’s son lives. We will stay several days, then head further west.

• Like 1

Dealing with a slight flare up of achilles tendinitis.  Ever since I tore my left achilles tendon about twenty years ago, this happens from time-to-time.

Took yesterday off.  Did a gym bro workout this morning.  No legs.  No conditioning.  Just upper body work.  I did the bench press, seated overhead presses, and bench rows.  Finished up with bicep curls to really complete the whole bro life theme of my workout.  If I owned one of those "Suns Out, Guns Out" tank-tops, today would have been a perfect day to wear it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AceWhite said:

Happy Saturday!!!

Beautiful ride on tap for this morning- 32 mile loop through Santiago Canyon and a fair amount of climbing. See you in a few hours

Are we talking bicycle or motorcycle? Since you mentioned climbing , and it’s an exercise thread, I am guessing bicycle…

6 hours ago, Katgirl said:

Are we talking bicycle or motorcycle? Since you mentioned climbing , and it’s an exercise thread, I am guessing bicycle…

2200' of climbing on the bicycle- it's so much easier on a harley ;) 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

2200' of climbing on the bicycle- it's so much easier on a harley ;) 

Yes, I figured as much. Great exercise. So you went from smoker to exercise nut. I like your style. I am going to try to really commit to getting in great shape, when I get home from vacation, in a week, or so. 

The smoke is affecting the walks here . We are sitting a top high risk ten out of ten . It's nasty in house and out but I did do the stationary bike yesterday . I've been under the weather all week and my legs felt weak as well .. the saying you don't use it you lose it is true lol . Keep up excersising everyone . I'll be riding today as well. One hour . Where I'm going I have no idea but I'm pedalling . 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 1:38 AM, AceWhite said:

On the roadie- hitting 35+ on the downhill 🤪🏁

I embellished some- checked the Garmin I was at 32.3 MPH

Felt like 35 lol

Only real danger of downhills is flatting at high speed which is a certain wreck 

Sunday mornings is my base swim at pool. Swam a warmup then 1500m @ 32:00 then followed up with a :50 minute trail run. Today is my rest day to let my body absorb a week of training. Back at it tomorrow!

Happy Monday everyone

• Like 4

@Abby, I live in Northern California, so I can relate to the Smokey situation. We have had a few bad fire seasons lately. Right now, it is happening again. It is scary. Last year, there were fires burning on the edge of my town. Three years ago, fires were raging all around the area, where I lived. So, please stay safe, and don’t hesitate to evacuate, if so ordered.

Edited by Katgirl

I've worked around the achilles situation this week.  Gradually doing more leg work until I feel comfortable getting back to squatting and deadlifting.  I did a few laps up and down a steep hill behind my house every morning.  Just walked it early in the week and have now added a weighted backpack for resistance.

I got into rucking a few years ago and, for whatever reason, just kind of forgot about it.  I'm definitely going to make it a part of my routine again.  Looking at spending some time this weekend with a pick axe, pole saw, and fire rake cleaning up new foot trails on the hill.

During my upper body strength work, I rediscovered the barbell pullover.  Again, an exercise I've done in the past that I shelved along the way.  It's a great lift that works the upper back, shoulders, and chest.  Also gives a nice bit of thoracic extension and scapular retraction.  Two things that most, if not all of us, could use more of in our life.

If there's an upside to injury, it would be that it forces us to scramble a bit and get creative.

• Like 3

My company has donated fire sprinkler systems for Homes for our Troops- they build specially adapted homes for post 9/11 veterans that have suffered traumatic injuries. Since i'm running Herbalife Los Angeles Triathlon anyways, I decided to use the opportunity to raise funds & awareness for HFOT. So far ive raised $ 1100 . Feel free to cheer me on- if anyone feels crazy generous i'll send you a link to donate to my fundraising page :)

https://www.hfotusa.org

Edited by AceWhite
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to starting my power walks again, but out of the blue, the top of my left foot is bothering me, to the point where it’s painful to walk. I’ve done research, and it may be tendonitis. I will try a light wrap and supportive sneakers, so I can start my routine again. 

• Like 4