Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Been mostly focusing on getting my legs & body back into running shape. Time to start cross training more for added benefits. Today I got back in the pool after some time off for some lap swimming and had a great workout. Following up with a run before fireworks this eve. Hope everyone has a safe holiday!!

• Like 2

Back to focusing on strength training.  I started a workout this week based on Dan John's "Five Basic Human Movements."  Two workouts.  Four days per-week(Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday).

Workout A: Deadlift, High-Boy Rows, Landmine Twists, and Farmer's Walks.

Workout B: Squat, Overhead Press, Bench Press, and Sled Pushes.

Conditioning work consists primarily of either boxing rounds on the heavy bag or intervals on the rower.

• Like 2

Note to self - it's good to carry all the tools to fix a flat but carry a mask if you wish to buy coffee.  Reached destination coffee shop and decided to stop for a coffee and snack ... no mask.  Had to request someone to buy a coffee for me - and they looked really suspicious ... until I offered the cash.

Didn't feel like asking them to ALSO buy a donut so had a bar that was in the saddlebag.  The thing with these bars is that they are the most awful tasting bars because if they're good, they don't last for the ride.

Edited by d2e8b8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Swam 2000 meters this morning and have an afternoon run scheduled as well

This week I started a 16 week training plan- 2 workouts per day x 6 days week. Mondays are my rest days.

Finally a reason to look forward to Mondays!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AceWhite said:

DC is awesome so much to see- enjoy Katgirl!!

Thanks, Ace! One thing I will do is visit my son-in-law’s grave at Arlington. He was killed in action , in Afghanistan,  in 2010. Watched pro athletes exercise today. First Wimbledon, then soccer, and tonight basketball.

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 2

I've really fallen off the wagon folks . Avoidance is the signal . I Haven't been checking in . I feel the pain either from lack of excersise or a reaction to some dental work that has my body inflamed and I have been eating every wrong thing in my cupboard for the last month . Carbs come in soft foods and I'm suffering ! I was way more disciplined when I quit smoking .

I feel like crap and feel so negative about my fall off the wagon so don't post here not wanting to bring others down here with me .

I suppose like smoking they are excuses . Depression about the whole thing is winning and I'm whining but not wining . Lol that may be my next addiction however if I don't get my happy back . 

One small step at a time .. walking seems hard lately as well . Copd  ? Asthma?  

Oh  Lordy Lordy if I could only go back to forty ! To think I used to be quite an athelete and now walking is a struggle .

P.u.s.h . Was a poem I once read . I  going to change it up a bit and add to it to apply to my current exercise dilemma . It can also be applied to our Quits

Push until something happens .

Pedal until something happens . 

Persist until something happens .

The games coming up may be motivational for me. 

• Like 3

Sorry Abby- if it makes you feel better being in a rut is perfectly natural and I think its a viscous cycle. Exercising makes you feel good. For whatever reason when we don't exercise, the lack of that "feel good" only makes it easier to continue to not exercise. Good news is that "feel good" is still there waiting for you. Wishing you motivation!!

• Like 4

I feel ya Abby 😞 I love how exercising makes me feel but lately I am struggling to exercise. Having major dental problems that I will not get help for until September and just as I have gotten the GERD under control I now fighting off a bad round of diverticulitis.... exercise has been off the table as I try to recover. Tomorrow I start again with the walking...it will be slow but I determined to start again. I hope you soon find your way back to feeling better on all levels Abby. I cheering for you :)

• Like 5

Got my walk thanks guys and gals . 40 minutes this morn , 40 tonight . I guess looking back I still got lots of excersise looking after three yards .. just had no energy left to walk after that and weather was energy deleting . 

Just reading here today what you had to say helped . tx 

• Like 3

I will behave and wait a bit before starting back to exercising. It frustrating as I really liked it and how much better I felt and to be honest exercising and not smoking were/are 2 things I felt I had control of over still. I know I will get back to it soonish so I just need to hang in. In good news I did find a good indoor place I can walk out of the heat which only a 5 minute drive from my house and I can walk there any time between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. so I excited about that :) 

• Like 3

On 7/13/2021 at 2:11 PM, Dianne said:

I will behave and wait a bit before starting back to exercising. It frustrating as I really liked it and how much better I felt and to be honest exercising and not smoking were/are 2 things I felt I had control of over still. I know I will get back to it soonish so I just need to hang in. In good news I did find a good indoor place I can walk out of the heat which only a 5 minute drive from my house and I can walk there any time between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. so I excited about that :) 

Would this be the mall? 

My company does work in malls which usually takes place during off hours. Mornings before stores open there is always the power walkers doing laps. 

• Like 1