Daily exercise log for everyone :)

On 3/30/2020 at 3:57 AM, Sunshine59 said:

I don't know what else to , when i was in gym there was few more machine work outs which aimed the shoulders and hands .

Other than that this is what i have been doing there too .

Any other work outs i can try at home ?

If you google home workout, there are some videos.  What you're doing is essentially correct but you may find some variations you could try.

• Like 2

Day 12 challenge

plank 50 seconds - takes me longer to recover than to do it... yay for trying and growing

squats 27

no walk today....yet.

next challenge  will begin Monday....  wall sits, crunches, squats and plank ... another two week round.    Feel free to jump onboard  

• Like 2

Every day Darcy, its just that I overuse some muscles which then produces the pain. I used to go to the Osteopath, he mentioned my lower back as the problem. Now of course I cant see him due to the Corona Virus, but I keep on doing as much as I can and am learning to pace myself. at this present time. I think its partly inflammation, so I started using ginger and Tumeric in my soup.hoping that this will smooth things out a bit. Not too bad really, I can cope with it this way. Love those health professionals though.

• Like 1

yesterday Day 13 challenge

plank 55 sec - pretty sure I had correct form , as my abs were shaking when I was done.

squats - 29

walk 1.5 miles 2 times.  Mani made it , too.

Day 15 of 14 Day Challenge

60 sec plank  -  had to try twice because I couldn't hold it right after the squats.  lol

30 squats

walked a mile +, Mani, too

Woo HOO!!! I did it.  14 challenge, skipped a day, but I got there.    Doing my happy dance.

forgot to submit yesterday...

and today I have done nothing....

tomorrow looks good

okay...finally got out for the  mile walk with cat and man... geez am I lucky to have such great company!

Edited by darcy
  • Like 2

Back to hiking the less frequently used trails.  It's been over a month now since my last hike.  Stepped off to the side and pulled a bandanna over my face whenever I encountered anyone along the trail.  California now requires that everyone wear a mask or face cover when out in public.

Edited by BKP
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found the old jump rope and started skips.  Wonder why i didn't think of it before?

I no longer have the coordination to do more than 25 to 30 without getting 'out'.  Hopefully, it'll get better if I keep at it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BKP said:

Had to hike almost twice the distance to get to Hidden Lake on Saturday since the usual trail head is still closed. I didn't mind. Total hike was 14.2 miles with 3,658 ft. of elevation gain.

Hidden Lake.jpg

Sooo Nice !!!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, d2e8b8 said:

5k run tonight.  Maybe it's my imagination but I think the jump rope is helping with the running - the leg muscles just feel a bit stronger.

It's not your imagination.  Jumping rope is a great workout with a lot of carryover benefits for runners.

Good job D2.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Walk he said, best way to start he said...so here's a tip punters...don't decide to walk 5.5km in the dark still wearing ya ankle boots with heels....cos ya having a dummy spit with the others in ya house.

Did you know you could get blisters on the cops of your toes, between the nail and foot...and on the balls of ya feet...under your big toe...on the ends of your toes?....well ya can. Oh and if ya feet start hurting that is ya body saying stop...not do another 3.5km....had to take me socks off in the shower cos o f the state they were in....BUT...besides me feet b eeing a pulpy mess ain't to sore. 

Do I walk again tonight?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/14/2020 at 6:59 PM, notsmokinjo said:

Walk he said, best way to start he said...so here's a tip punters...don't decide to walk 5.5km in the dark still wearing ya ankle boots with heels....cos ya having a dummy spit with the others in ya house.

Take care of yourself Jo.

image.thumb.png.d8f397ea7a1d73694f047dfa2905d239.png

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2020 at 6:59 PM, notsmokinjo said:

Walking demands comfortable shoes (learnt from experience) regardless of what the situation may be with others .... 

Hopefully, you can keep doing the walking in different shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting in a bit of lifting here and there and the occasional bit of cardio from time-to-time.  Time to get back to a set program.  I'll be lifting in the afternoon instead of first thing in the morning.  I spend my mornings with my baby daughter now.

Back to basics workout that should fit the schedule nicely.

Monday and Thursday: Squat, Overhead Press, Bench Press, and Sled Pushes.

Tuesday and Friday: Deadlift, High Boy Rows, Farmer's Walk, and Sled Pulls.

• Like 1