Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Took a personal day and made it a 3 day weekend.  Went to Palm Springs and hiked the Indian Canyons.  74F degrees (23C) and sunny in January 🤯. Averaged nearly 15 miles per day with some decent elevation.  4 years ago I would have been winded walking from my couch to the refrigerator.

Now I'm able to clear boulders from the trail - ha ha.

Quitting smoking, eating healthy, and exercising is truly life changing.

Maynard Boulder for Posting.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 10:19 PM, Sunshine59 said:

Back from gym again ,

4 different type machine workouts

120 pushups

10 crunches  only (crunches really hurts , so i could only do 10  )

10 leg raises ( same thing , this one hurts too )

60 dumbbells

20 minutes treadmill

Took a long break from gym until today due to study related issues .

I have again started working out .

March 10 2020 ;

Warm up 10 minutes

40 pushups

10 min run

That's it this time .

After that long break i was exhausted quickly within 20 minutes of working out at home

But i must continue working out daily

• Like 3

40 laps around my villa with my little dog (she got tired)

15-20 step ups (to enable me to get up the stairs on the plane)

Balance on each foot Tai Chi style 20 each foot (in case I fall over while I dance)

Lifting dumb bells with both arms x 10 

20 push ups on my kitchen cupboards

5 ankle rolls each foot (spelling NOPE each side)

Dance to one track on spotify (chilled out ones) 

Feeling good and my dog is exhausted 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, darcy said:

walked a brisk mile

enjoyed the sun setting behind the lake and the smells of the thaw!!

And I am sure breathing that fresh, clean air!!  Doing great darcy.  

• Like 2

I've been lifting on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and running on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Went down to Three Gorges this morning and ran 8 miles to Deep Creek and back.

Trail running gives me a chance to get out in the woods all by myself and I built my own personal gym at home as I never enjoyed working out at commercial clubs.

With this virus scare, I'm truly grateful that I always enjoyed exercising by myself.

• Like 4

walked a leisurely mile with cat and my marvelous man

Unlike Boo, I do better with a buddy, even if we don't talk!

Anyone want to do a 14 or 21 day plank or squat challenge with me?  I need to do the beginner versions....

image.thumb.png.e220098b5510389e4a44856cc2e86035.pngimage.png.c38a8063beb687a43e0c82d93cda24b1.png

• Like 2

16 hours ago, darcy said:

walked a leisurely mile with cat and my marvelous man

Unlike Boo, I do better with a buddy, even if we don't talk!

Anyone want to do a 14 or 21 day plank or squat challenge with me?  I need to do the beginner versions....

image.thumb.png.e220098b5510389e4a44856cc2e86035.pngimage.png.c38a8063beb687a43e0c82d93cda24b1.png

I'm in, Darcy🙋‍♀️  I'll do both, although I may substitute push ups for planks and alter the number of squats depending on how it feels, but I'll be with you in spirit.  I also always (almost) do a daily 30 minute fast walk which includes a few trips up and down stairs. 

Edited by Jordan7
  • Like 3

Woo Hoo!  thanks Jordan.

I just completed day 1:

Squats - 15  (forgot how many I was supposed to do, so yay for more!)

Plank 15 seconds  (wobbly , but still plankish)

Seriously do not think I could've done the plank at all two weeks ago.  Yay for FREEDOM!!!

• Like 1

Okay, good job.  So far for me it's 10 squats (after watching 10 videos to see how to do them correctly -- easier said than done), and 10 push-ups (definitely been a while).  Will also continue doing every other day arm exercises with baby weights.  

• Like 2

Day 2 - of the challenge complete:

plank: 15 sec

squat: 16, so what if I'm off from the schedule

yoga 30 minutes.

will walk with cat later...

thanks Jordan for riding the train car with me.... anyone else free to jump on...

Yay Tinkerbell on your new regimen.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tinkerbell said:

today starts a new regime, going to add in some punch bag work and weights and back to more Yoga

The heavy bag is so simple and one of the greatest pieces of exercise equipment ever.  Great for cardio, power, and stress relief.  It is downright cathartic to punch the bag.

Had a good workout this morning.  I'm still doing my strength work on an ABAB schedule with workout A being devoted to pulling and workout B devoted to pushing.  Today was a push day: Front Squats, Overhead Press, Bench Press, and Sled Push.  Did fifteen minutes of jump rope and finished with a mobility session.

• Like 2

Day 3 of challenge complete (barely):

plank 20 sec

squat 16 yay for 2 extra.

19 hours ago, forestgreen said:

Just walking with my little Shih Tzu today

how far and where do you walk?  Also, glad you got to celebrate your bday, even if it was close to home.

I am blessed to live on several acres of woodland on a lake.  I've been doing about a mile a day with the cat.  Working our way up to walking to the dock area.

• Like 2

Thanks Darcy, I have a large villa and we walk around that very briskly, I just time about 20 mins. then sometimes 10-15 mins of various movements, and dance.Today I will be taking her down to a place where no one else goes and let her run for about 10 mins while I walk.We still do around the villa, I play with her by hiding her treats and she has to find them. Keeps us both smiling. One Birthday I won't forget in a hurry. 

• Like 3

Doing 10/12 -push-ups/squats.  Increasing slowly as these are new to me and this would be a bad time to pull a muscle or strain my back -- so more worried about proper form than quantity. I want to know where all my aches and pains are coming from these days.  Still doing 30 minute walk and every other day hand weights.  Great job, everyone. Let's keep moving and exercising at whatever level works best for each of us.    

• Like 3

Day 5 challenge:

30 sec plank

16 squat

walked a brisk 1/2ish mile with the cat

intermittent moments of mindful breathing -  yay for DEEP breaths that don't wheeze

Glad us quitters are out moving our bodies as best we can....

Forestgreen - did you and your pup make it out today?

Boo-  how's the push/pull going?

Tinkerbell - new regime working well?

Jordan7- thanks for the spirit!

we are rocking the healthy course.....

Edited by darcy