Daily exercise log for everyone :)

On 9/15/2019 at 7:45 PM, Rozuki said:

Yippee! I have lost 9 lbs in the last two weeks! I finally started walking around my hilly neighborhood for minimum 1/2 hr to 45 minutes daily again. Am also doing some gardening work which involves lifting 40 lb bags of topsoil to spread around for re-seeding my lawn...today 10 bags opened and spread around. Tomorrow I will spread around some mulch and do some weeding....all of this is making me sweat big-time and I think it is helping with my edema that surfaced after my bypass surgery.

I am not really looking at the amount I have to lose (which is a big number!) I  just cheer each lb that I lose knowing that it will make me feel better and get me closer to losing all that extra weight that seemed to pile on after CABGx3 surgery and the change in my blood pressure and high cholesterol meds! 😎

tenor.gif

Great job, Rozuki, on both the impressive weight loss and all of that yard work!   Please come visit my garden 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got our bright and early for a run on the Piney River segment of the Cumberland Trail this morning.  Ran out-and-back from Newby Branch to the White Pine Cascades for a total of 11.8 miles.

Hiked 8.3 miles yesterday and added approximately two more miles of walking while exploring the caves.

That's roughly 22 miles traveled this weekend.  Getting my trail legs ready.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, notsmokinjo said:

I cooked chips and carried some slabs.

"Carried some slabs"...that sounds like a weighted carry to me.  Are you doing Farmer's Walks now?

I knew if I kept going on and on about that exercise I would eventually win over a convert.

• Haha 4

Ok...so far I am up to 11.8 lbs lost!! I am back into my walking groove and I so happy about that...each day I walk a little bit farther than the day before! Just carried a few 40 lb (5) bags of topsoil around the yard (20 more of those to go!) and spread it around...we are having Indian summer right now and it's getting hot out there...so time to take a break til later.... 😉

• Like 4

Planned on lifting today, but went for a run instead.  Having some minor issues with the carpometacarpal joints in my left hand.  So...I decided the risk of further inflaming things wasn't worth it to get in one strength session.

Went over to Laurel-Snow.  Ran to Laurel Falls and then over to Buzzard Point for a total of 8.8 miles.

20 hours ago, Boo said:

Planned on lifting today, but went for a run instead.  Having some minor issues with the carpometacarpal joints in my left hand.  So...I decided the risk of further inflaming things wasn't worth it to get in one strength session.

Went over to Laurel-Snow.  Ran to Laurel Falls and then over to Buzzard Point for a total of 8.8 miles.

source-1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The wrist still isn't at 100%, but it felt good enough to get in a lifting session this morning: Squats, Incline Presses, Bent-Over Rows, Sled Pushes, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with twenty minutes of mobility work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome job VIvianne ,

Congrats for the 4rth day without smoking .

When quitting smoking the main fight is between dullness and freshness , you will very easily feel dull but try to stay fresh somehow !!!

Also , going to the gym makes you less lazy than working out alone

👍

• Like 2

Workout log
Morning: 
Cardio
20 minutes dance routine 
Lunch 

Squats (5x20)
Lunges(5x20)
Triceps: cable Pull 5x8 10kg
Triceps: push up 5x8 bodyweight

Brisk Walk with the dog 45 minutes

More dancing during the night, but that was more of a "quitter on a rampage"  way... 

• Like 3

Wow!! You are doing great!!

Watch your protein intake, to gain muscle you need to change your eating habits. 

If you have any questions you can always ask me anything (my obsession over the last two years.. cause I  in love with bodybuilding.. 5 times a week :p)

• Like 1

Thanks Vivianne ,

I am eating very less these days too , because last time i saw a doctor and did my blood test , my sugar levels were a bit high .I think that was because all the smoke intake and was related to my lifestyle .

I used to drink a lot of lemonade and pepsi .

Nowadays i am mostly eating wheat and vegetables these days . Absolutely no direct sugars .

I have been continuing like this for more than a month now .

I am still 75Kg's .

I don't know much about protein supplements 😑 . So i don't know if i should eat it right now .

Anyway i hope i can continue with this current diet .

Also just came back from gym , same workouts .

4 different type machine workouts

120 pushups

60 dumbbells

20 minutes treadmill

😊

• Like 1

Sunshine, 120 pushups in a single set or do you break it up.  It's very impressive either way.

Finally looked up farmer's walk on youtube and decided to try it hoping it will help with my running.

Does anyone know if its safe to do with achilles pain or is it better to hold off until the pain reduces?

Hello Vivianne ,

I continued with the same workout today too

4 different type machine workouts

120 pushups

60 dumbbells

20 minutes treadmill

I didn't feel much pressure doing a 20 x 6 pushups this time , I thought i lost that touch after i took a 3 days break from the gym .

But i did that easily , So feeling happy 

😊

• Like 2