Daily exercise log for everyone :)

12 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Boo Sweetie ....we carnt just take your word for this ..we need pic,s of your  perfect pert botty...

Phew !!!....I'm sweating ...

Maybe even a vote !!!!

Here I am trying to treat my body like a temple and Doreen makes it dirty.  Like I'm just a piece of meat...some boy toy for her to play with.

I like it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I actually have a wedding pic. I have no scruples either. Like TMZ. Highest bidder gets full rights 😁    Place your bids peeps!

I'm expecting a healthy "hush money" bid from the groom as well 😎 ( @Boo )

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 5

Got out early this morning, before sunrise, and did a bit of trail running.  Did 6.8 miles on the Snow Falls Trail, out to Laurel Creek and back.

I still like to reflect a bit from time-to-time.  Back when I was smoking and drinking, it was all I could do to wake up and roll out of bed in time so I wasn't late to work.  Now I wake up early and feel like going for a run in the woods.

The process lives.  Long live the process!

• Like 4

I'm still keeping up my regime although not posting. I'm hitting the gym for my classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. A row outside on a Thursday and sometimes Friday. And then hopefully a regatta on a Saturday. Healthy body, healthy mind. Has always been my mantra. I've lost my six pack since quitting, but it's slowwwwwwwly coming back 

• Like 6

Just got back from a 6 day backpacking trip on the John Muir Trail in Kings Canyon National Park.  Probably the most challenging hike I've ever done, but the most beautiful too.  Would not have been possible 4 years ago.  This pic is at Middle Rae Lake.

rae5.jpg

• Like 5

On 8/19/2019 at 5:43 PM, BKP said:

Just got back from a 6 day backpacking trip on the John Muir Trail in Kings Canyon National Park.  Probably the most challenging hike I've ever done, but the most beautiful too.  Would not have been possible 4 years ago.  This pic is at Middle Rae Lake.

rae5.jpg

On 8/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, BKP said:

Another pic from my Kings Canyon backpacking trip.  This was on Bubbs Creek Trail leading up to the JMT (John Muir Trail).

Rae1a.jpg

Huge Congratulations to you, BKP,  on this incredible achievement (and great photography).  You just keep getting better and it's so good to see you making the most of your new smoke-free life. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Thanks for the pics, @BKP.  Your transformation has been astounding  !

The Sierras are so magnificent.  Any wildlife encounters ? 

Saw quite a bit of wildlife out there.  Everything from marmots, to deer, to Golden Eagles.  Saw this bear doing some fishing in Lower Paradise Valley near Mist Falls.

Bear Lower Paradise Valley.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Today my neighbor and I started our 6: 30 AM walking ritual - we went 6 blocks (3 there and back) and was a good 20min walk for our 1st time. Came home and drank a protein shake to help me maintain the weight.  So glad we started this. I might even add 1lb arm weights for tomorrows walk. 💪

• Like 6

Got in some strength work this morning: Farmer's Walks, Rope Pulls, Push Press, and Sled Push.

This afternoon, took advantage of the cooler rainy weather, knocked off work early and got in a quick run on the Soddy Creek Gorge section of the Cumberland Trail.  Six-and-a-half miles of muddy goodness.  Had the place to myself due to the weather.  Good times.

• Like 1

Did some basic strength work this morning: Deadlifts, Overhead Presses, Pull-Ups, Roll-Outs, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with some mobility work.

Tomorrow morning, I return to my running roots.  Heading down to Lookout Mountain to run the Big Daddy loop.  The place where I took my very first trail run.  It kinda feels like going to see an old friend.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 1:02 AM, Boo said:

Tomorrow morning, I return to my running roots.  Heading down to Lookout Mountain to run the Big Daddy loop.  The place where I took my very first trail run.  It kinda feels like going to see an old friend.

Oh !!!!great ...wait for me !!!!

ce993dfb3d2d2a40632dd3e8aa224082.gif

• Haha 4

On 8/30/2019 at 8:02 PM, Boo said:

Have I mentioned the importance of having realistic expectations when it comes to health and fitness?  I hit Lookout Mountain thinking how much progress I have made since I first ran that trail.  Determined I was going to better my previous times...I set out to show that trail who the boss is.  Got out to a quick start.  I was running along at a good clip.  Then...I bonked, ran out of gas, hit the wall...whatever you want to call it.  I limped along up a spur trail, found a nice rock to sit on, and just enjoyed the views over the valley for a while.  Eventually finished the loop at a snail's pace.

And here's the thing: I'm fine with it.  I just didn't quite have it yesterday; it wasn't meant to be.  I've finally figured out that if you expect to be at 100% every time out, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  That goes for running, strength training, boxing...pretty much any physical endeavor.  You're gonna have good days where you feel in peak condition, that's a good time to make hay while the sun shines.  More often, you're gonna have what I call "punch the clock" days.  You may not be feeling it, but you punch the clock and do the work anyway.  And there are those days where it's just not there, that's a good time to lighten the load or perhaps just take the day off.  The rest may be more beneficial than the workout would be.

It has taken me a while, but I'm beginning to look at the big picture instead of just doing what gratifies my ego.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Leanna said:

Does lifting my 32-pound child count as exercise? 

Absolutely!

When I lift a barbell, the force I exert against the bar determines the movement of the weight being lifted.  It is a predictable pattern.

When you lift up your little fella, he can make any number of sudden moves or shift his weight in a different direction.  Small children are anything but predictable.

Carrying a kid around incorporates a whole different system of muscle activation.

• Like 1

Yippee! I have lost 9 lbs in the last two weeks! I finally started walking around my hilly neighborhood for minimum 1/2 hr to 45 minutes daily again. Am also doing some gardening work which involves lifting 40 lb bags of topsoil to spread around for re-seeding my lawn...today 10 bags opened and spread around. Tomorrow I will spread around some mulch and do some weeding....all of this is making me sweat big-time and I think it is helping with my edema that surfaced after my bypass surgery.

I am not really looking at the amount I have to lose (which is a big number!) I  just cheer each lb that I lose knowing that it will make me feel better and get me closer to losing all that extra weight that seemed to pile on after CABGx3 surgery and the change in my blood pressure and high cholesterol meds! 😎

tenor.gif

• Like 4