Daily exercise log for everyone :)

1 hour ago, Whispers said:

image.png.12164c66ea16d6b8d36c9bee2c42a636.png

Whispers, I am always so impressed with your runs.  

Hope your weather was as nice as ours.  We hit 73 degrees.  I really need one of these meters.  I walked quite a distance today and I really think it should be doubled cause I walked against the wind.   It was beautiful outside but quite windy.    

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Whispers, I am always so impressed with your runs.  

Hope your weather was as nice as ours.  We hit 73 degrees.  I really need one of these meters.  I walked quite a distance today and I really think it should be doubled cause I walked against the wind.   It was beautiful outside but quite windy.    

Thanks Linda! I also use a fitbit to count steps. Use it walking on treadmill etc. It was in the low 50's here tomorrow will be in the 60's.

Started the morning with some steady-state work on the rower.  Then did a superset workout.  Set consisted of: Deadlift, Overhead Press, and Bench Press.  Repeated the set 5 times and finished up the session with Farmer's Walks.

This afternoon, took advantage of the perfect weather and went for a leisurely hike on the Cumberland Trail.  Out-and-back from the Roaring Fork trailhead up to Cranmore Cove overlook(5.6 miles).

• Like 2

Didn't do a workout per se, however took advantage of the continued perfect weather we're having and got a lot of exercise over the weekend.

Spent yesterday canoeing down Richland Creek.  Today, drove over to Foster Falls and spent the morning and most of the afternoon climbing.  Completed my first 5.10 route today.  A route called "Hurts So Good."

The weather forecasts are looking good for the entire upcoming week.  So things are looking good for more outdoor fun.

• Like 1

Took yesterday off.  Did a really basic 5x5 workout this morning: Deadlifts, Overhead Press, and Bench Press.  Added some sled pushing and pulling to the workout.  Did some box jumps and finished up with steady-state work on the rower.

• Like 1

Strength work this morning: Front Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, Kettlebell Swings, and Rope Climbs.  Did some sprint intervals on the rower and finished up with mobility work.

Another day of nice weather, so I went out for a short hike after work at Laurel Snow (5.9 miles).

• Like 1

Light day today.  Started off with 20 minutes of steady-state rowing.  Moved on to a bit of light strength training: High-Box Step-Ups, Pull-Ups, Dips, and Hanging Leg Raises.  Finished up with a mobility session.

• Like 1

Used this morning's workout to prime the climbing and backpacking muscles as I have a full weekend in the mountains planned.  Strength work: Front Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, Pull-Ups, High-Boy Rows, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with an extended mobility session with some extra work on the shoulders and hips.

Have a good weekend everybody.

• Like 2

Strength work this morning: Front Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Weighted Pull-Ups, and Farmer's Walks.  Did a bit of cardio: 15 minutes of jump rope.  And finished up with 10 minutes of mobility work.

Basic stuff...Same song, different verse.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, catlover said:

What is farmers walks?

You pick up a heavy object or objects and carry them a certain distance.  Farmer's Walks can be performed with dumbbells, kettlebells, trap bars, or any of a wide variety of strongman implements.  It is a dead simple exercise.  It is also the most efficient strength training move.  I would also argue that it is the most most effective strength training move, with all due respect to the Deadlift and Squat.  Regardless of what one is training for, the Farmer's Walk will deliver results.  Those training for raw strength and muscle mass will benefit from Farmer's Walks.  Those training for hypertrophy will find that the time-under-tension combined with the heavy weights will deliver better muscle growth results than any other lift.  Farmer's Walks will increase your physical work capacity in a way that will carry over into everything else physical that you do.  Throw in the fact that Farmer's Walks are great for core and postural strength as well as coordination and athleticism and you've got yourself one great exercise.

Here is a brief tutorial video I found on YouTube...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Boo.!!!!.....no excersizing ????

Still working out daily.  It's just that I've limited the lifts that I do to six basic moves: Front Squats, Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Bench Press, High-Box Step-Ups, and Farmer's Walks.  I wanted to focus on getting better at the lifts that deliver the most benefits.  On the days I don't lift, I run.  Preferably I run on one of the trails near my house, but I have been doing some of my running at a local park and college campus down by the river.

I didn't give up the healthy lifestyle.  It just felt like daily updates were going to be very repetitive right now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've run for 11 days straight now and have totaled 92.2 miles.  I've done three trail runs in excess of 10 miles and have consistently run between 5 and 7 miles daily at the park on the other days.

I still get in a bit of strength training: shorter sessions, limited number of exercises, and I don't go to failure on any lift.  Doing only: Deadlifts, Overhead Press, and Bench Press.  Limiting sets to five reps at about 70% 1RM.  Get a bit of core work in as well with: Hanging Leg Raises and Roll-Outs.

Running in the great outdoors...it's good medicine.