Daily exercise log for everyone :)

I did a real workout today.  Took my dad to three doctor's appointments.  I got him in the transport chair and had an appointment on the 4th floor,  1st floor and then 3rd floor.  Then we had to go for an x ray and blood work,  which is clear across the other side of the building.  I was moving at such a good clip, dad was laughing and holding on for dear life.  I think he thought I was going to hit a bump and he would go flying. 

Safely got him home and then went off to the gym.    I did 45 minutes on the treadmill, 20 on the rowing machine and 30 on the bike.   Have to get in shape.  I know that Spring is around the corner! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Wow.  Two days in a row.  Being able to track that and watch it must make you feel so powerful!

After i first quit i wasnt able to walk a couple blocks. Its cold out here and it makes me feel real good to be able to do this every day. My lungs feel good not heavy at all and it keeps me toned

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whispers said:

After i first quit i wasnt able to walk a couple blocks. Its cold out here and it makes me feel real good to be able to do this every day. My lungs feel good not heavy at all and it keeps me toned

Well, I never liked to run but I need a little more warmth to get out there.  I have been enjoying the scenery on the treadmill at Planet Fitness.  They have t.v.s you can watch and I have gotten hooked on HGTV.  When I get in shape, my husband is in big trouble with the home renovations I want to take on.  

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Well, I never liked to run but I need a little more warmth to get out there.  I have been enjoying the scenery on the treadmill at Planet Fitness.  They have t.v.s you can watch and I have gotten hooked on HGTV.  When I get in shape, my husband is in big trouble with the home renovations I want to take on.  

We have planet fitness out here, treadmill is great so is the elliptical. I like the sight seeing and i have a couple rtes i run but i also use the machines

• Like 2

I haven't tried fitness plate, but I'm curious.  I just got some resistance bands, and I love them.  And I have a stationary bike conveniently parked in front of my TV.    I'll have to try the home and garden chanel, lol

• Haha 1

Oooh resistance bands are one of the things I looked at. I think getting into exercise is really hard but seems like once you push yourself to do it then it becomes quite addictive. Probably the best addiction to have ?

• Like 1

Yeah, I heard it takes 28 days to create a new habit.  So if I can force myself to exercise for 28 days, I'll be hooked, according to theory.  I love walking, but I do have to force myself with the resistance bands.  But I really want to gain strength.  

• Like 2

Hiked approximately six-miles on the trails at Laurel Snow today.  The hike was done at a leisurely pace as we had our dog with us.  He tends to get sidetracked a lot and he's so friendly we end up talking to everybody we meet on the trail.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:15 PM, Linda Thomas said:

They have t.v.s you can watch and I have gotten hooked on HGTV.  When I get in shape, my husband is in big trouble with the home renovations I want to take on.  

Sugar Britches loves HGTV and watched it often when we were moving house.  Just as I finished one project, she was pitching me three more.

• Like 3

A beautiful day here on the Cumberland Plateau.  The storms rolled out overnight and left a Sunday afternoon with partly cloudy skies, a slight breeze out of the south, and temperatures in the mid-60s.  It was too nice to not go out and run in the woods.

Did a 12.1 mile point-to-point run in the Soddy Creek Gorge.  Had some gas left in the tank, so I added another 3.7 mile loop run on an old logging road.

• Like 1

Strength work this morning: Deadlift, Push Press, Bench Press, Rope Climbs, and Farmer's Walks.  Twenty-minutes of steady-state on the rower and finished up with 10 minutes of mobility work.

• Like 2

I did some boxing work today: jump rope, 6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, slip-rope and footwork drills, and medicine ball throws.  Finished the workout with some core work: Hanging Leg Raises, Landmines, and Supermans.

• Like 1