Daily exercise log for everyone :)

37 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Could be snow tomorrow, this app needs to add a monitor of your heart rate(bpm) but so far pretty good

image.png.e439070982a8642373f8492355937f47.png

Okay, I am impressed.  Looks like you ran 5 miles in just shy of an hour, took 10275 steps and burned 883 calories.    Not sure about the pace.  

Wish you could burn a few calories for me.  I am getting quite discouraged because I have gained about 25 lbs. in the months I quit smoking.  I am trying to make it to the gym 3 days a week.  Am looking forward to some nice weather so I can start walking the dogs too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

Okay, I am impressed.  Looks like you ran 5 miles in just shy of an hour, took 10275 steps and burned 883 calories.    Not sure about the pace.  

Wish you could burn a few calories for me.  I am getting quite discouraged because I have gained about 25 lbs. in the months I quit smoking.  I am trying to make it to the gym 3 days a week.  Am looking forward to some nice weather so I can start walking the dogs too.

Thanks linda, yes. You can take 25 lbs off in no time, walking is very good for us and will help. Winter we hibernate and eat with this cold and on top of eating more we gain a few..

• Like 1

I did a superset workout this morning.  Superset consisted of: Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Bench Press, and Kettlebell Pullovers.  Repeated the set 5 times then finished up with 15 minutes of jump rope.

• Like 1

Strength work this morning: Front Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Bench Press, Rope Climbs, and Sled Pulls.  Finished off the workout with a mobility session.

Have a good weekend everybody.

• Like 1

Got in a short trail run yesterday morning.  The weather finally cleared a bit.  It was muddy, the creeks were up, and several trees were down.  It was dirty and slow and a helluva lot of fun.

Mixed a bit of boxing and strength work this morning.  Warmed up with 15 minutes of jump rope.  Strength work consisted of: Deadlifts, Bench Press, and Push Press.  Boxing work was: 6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, footwork drills, and medicine ball throws.

• Like 1

Strength work this morning: Front Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Bench Press, and Bent-Over Row.  Finished up the morning workout with some mobility work.

Took off work a little early this afternoon and was able to get in a short trail run, 4.6 miles.  The weather has been too nice the last couple of days to not go out on the trails.

• Like 1

Took yesterday off and had a light day today.  Did a basic 5x5 workout this morning: Squats, Overhead Press, and Bench Press.  Did three sets of Pull-Ups and finished up the workout with 20 minutes of steady-state work on the rower.

• Like 1

Strength work this morning: Deadlifts, Push Press, Kettlebell Swings, Sled Pulls, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with a bit of boxing work: 4 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, and footwork/defensive drills.

Got in a bit of strength work on the job today as well.  Setting up a new job today on an unfinished site.  Lifted and carried cylinders rather than try to roll them through mud.  It was like a combination of Farmer's Walks and a strongman lift.  And I'm such a weirdo about this stuff, I actually enjoyed it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Boo said:

Got in a bit of strength work on the job today as well.  Setting up a new job today on an unfinished site.  Lifted and carried cylinders rather than try to roll them through mud.  It was like a combination of Farmer's Walks and a strongman lift.  And I'm such a weirdo about this stuff, I actually enjoyed it.

It's a dirty job !!!....hunt someone's got to do it !!!!

gettyimages-sb10069835o-001-1024x1024.jpg

• Haha 1

I did an 8.4 mile out-and-back run on the Piney River segment of the Cumberland Trail this morning.

Almost beat the rain.  Almost.  That last mile-and-a-half was done in a downpour.

• Like 1

I didn't feel great this morning, but drug myself out of bed and got in a workout.  Fifteen minutes on the rower to get things moving and some strength work: Front Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Rope Climbs, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with a bit of mobility work.

• Like 1

Started the morning with 15 minutes of jump rope.  Felt like hitting the posterior chain and climbing muscles, so that's what I did:  Trap Bar Deadlifts, Pull-Ups, Rope Climbs, Hanging Leg Raises, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with intervals on the rower.