Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Sorry haven't been on here much I am still plugging away.....winter blues got me in its hold and I am struggling but trying to keep a handle on it. I received a suntouch light for christmas and have it next to the treadmill and that does help a little but it is frickin cold out and will be for the next week, so can't get outside to walk at all. But I have been working out. This week was a good workout week as I got on the treadmill 5 out of 6 days so far. Today I did 45 on the treadmill, walking in an incline, 30 minutes of strength based exercise with my weight bench and crunches on my exercise ball. I do feel better after that. What is everyone else doing today?

Lisa

• Like 2

Worked out today and yesterday on the d readmill as it is too damn cold outside to do anything outside without dying lol it is -8 with a real feel of  -24 today...tommorrow it is supposed to be worse....high of -11 and a low of -29 with a real feel of -33 and -31 Farenheit when is winter over?

Lisa

Edited by Frezflops
  • Like 1

@Frezflops we are just heading into that freeze.  They are saying negative 30 wind chill.  Wish it would freeze some of those fat cells.

I am doing my workout.  30 min of rowing, 30 min of walking and 30 min. Of elliptical.  Quite impressed with myself.  Now I am waiting for the massage chair.

• Like 1

Went in to work late this morning due to icy road conditions.  That gave me plenty of time to get in a full boxing workout and a longer mobility session.

I warmed up with 10 minutes of jump rope and some footwork drills.  Did 6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, and 2 rounds on the double-end bag.  Got in a bit of strength and conditioning work: Chin-Ups, Plyo Push-Ups, Dips, Roll-Outs, and Landmines.  Finished up with about 25 minutes of mobility work.

• Like 1

I was pressed for time this morning.  Kept it efficient, but still got in a full body workout.  Did a superset: Deadlifts, Overhead Press, and Bench Press(no rest between exercies).  Repeated the superset 5 times and finished up with intervals on the rower.

The weather forecast for the weekend here on the Cumberland Plateau is looking perfect for some trail running.

• Like 1

Did a light workout today.  Started with some steady-state work on the rower.  Strength work consisted solely of bodyweight exercises: Box Jumps, Walking Lunges, Pull-Ups, Dips, and Roll-Outs.  Finished up with a mobility session.

I was looking to get myself primed for tomorrow.  I'm doing a trail run from North Chickamauga Creek up to Big Soddy bright and early in the morning.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 5:20 PM, WeegieWoman said:

I've been keeping up my usual routine. So it's body combat tonight ?

I saw an advertisement for this once and it looked really hard.  Its way out of my league I think. 

I've been walking every day and I can feel a massive difference already. 

• Like 1

You can always take things down a notch in classes and the instructors do give easier options. I know classes can be a bit intimidating but they really are brilliant. I work harder in them than I would left to my own accord in the gym. If you had to stop and catch your breath or whatever, no one would bat an eyelid! 

I wish I could feel a massive difference I'm still blobby.  Determined to be in shape for holiday though but it's not happening yet ?

I might wait until I've been walking for a few more weeks before venturing into anything too challenging. 

Going by your photo you're gorgeous Weegie and I'm pretty sure you're not needing to lose any weight. I do understand though that no matter how great people say we look we have to feel happy with our own weight and bodies. 

You kicked smoking so I'm sure you'll be in great shape for your holiday.

You got this ?

I've been adding in some "strongman lifts" to keep the workouts more interesting.  This morning I did: Trap Bar Deadlifts, Sled Pushes and Pulls, Farmer's Walks, and Sandbag Carries.  Finished off the workout with intervals on the rower and a brief mobility session.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whispers said:

We had some snow yesterday, this was fitbit tracking me shoveling my house.. No joke but i laughed when i saw it

That is too funny.  Was that with a shovel or snow blower?  Was that the driveway or the whole neighborhood?

• Like 1

I did a hodgepodge of exercises for a workout this morning.  Did some Front Squats and Romanian Deadlifts.  Got in a bit of work on the Olympic rings doing Chin-Ups, Dips, and Roll-Outs.  Finished up the morning session with some work on the campus board: Ladder Climbs and Static Holds.

I've been winging it in the gym lately and like the flexibility it affords.  However, I'm looking to start a more structured program next week...Get back to training rather than just exercising.

• Like 1

I've lifted every day this week, so I did a boxing workout this morning.  Warmed up with some jump rope.  Did 4 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, 3 rounds on the double-end bag, slip rope and footwork drills, medicine ball throws, and finished up with some core work(Roll-Outs and Hanging Leg Raises).

• Like 1

Basic strength work this morning: Front Squats, Overhead Press, Bench Press, Kettlebell Swings, Rope Climbs, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up the workout with intervals on the rower and some mobility work.

• Like 1