Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Just wasn't feeling it this morning.  Did some dynamic stretches.  Did 20 minutes of steady-state on the rower.  And finished up with a brief mobility session.

Did just enough to get the heart rate up, warm up the muscles, elongate the spine, and get the shoulders moving like they're supposed to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boo said:

Just wasn't feeling it this morning.

Well I sure was after my day at the gym yesterday.  I think I used muscles I did not know I had.  Forced myself to go again today because I thought they might retract if I did not keep it up.

I may need some encouragement in this department, along with the nonsmoking encouragement.   I have gained 13 pounds since quitting and it is driving me crazy.  I am not much of a gym person.  I do like to swim and walk, when the weather is nice.  The "Y" that has a pool is just too pricey.  Maybe we need to start a thread  "Linda, get that butt moving"  You guys all seem to work miracles with me - after all, you got me to quit smoking!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

Well I sure was after my day at the gym yesterday.  I think I used muscles I did not know I had.  Forced myself to go again today because I thought they might retract if I did not keep it up.

I may need some encouragement in this department, along with the nonsmoking encouragement.   I have gained 13 pounds since quitting and it is driving me crazy.  I am not much of a gym person.  I do like to swim and walk, when the weather is nice.  The "Y" that has a pool is just too pricey.  Maybe we need to start a thread  "Linda, get that butt moving"  You guys all seem to work miracles with me - after all, you got me to quit smoking!!!!!!!

Linda ...

It's early days yet in your quit my lovely...soon enough your weight will settle and you will start losing it ...keep at it ...

14 hours ago, Boo said:

Just wasn't feeling it this morning. 

Can I help ya .!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back to the basics this morning: warmed up with some time on the rower. Performed some strength work: Front Squats, Overhead Press, Bench Press, Weighted Chin-Ups, and Sled Pulls.  Finished up with 3 rounds on the heavy bag.

22 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

The "Y" that has a pool is just too pricey. 

My dad got a membership to the "Y" at a deeply discounted price through his insurance plan.  I don't know all the details as far as what rules apply to be eligible, but it might be worth looking into.  

11 minutes ago, Boo said:

My dad got a membership to the "Y" at a deeply discounted price through his insurance plan.  I don't know all the details as far as what rules apply to be eligible, but it might be worth looking into. 

That is called Silver Sneakers.  Our insurance does not cover that.  Once I hit 65 and am on medicare, that will have Silver Sneakers.  I have a year to go.  This Planet Fitness is only $10. a month with no sign up fee or quit fee.  

Hmmmmm.  Go to the gym or stay home.  It is cold outside and I would rather stay in the warm house.  Go to the gym or stay home.  I could clean a bathroom.  Nahhhhhh.  Linda you need to go to the gym.  Alright, I am going already.   

I guess I have to work on retraining my brain for this one.  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2019 at 5:27 PM, Linda Thomas said:

That is called Silver Sneakers.  Our insurance does not cover that.  Once I hit 65 and am on medicare, that will have Silver Sneakers.  I have a year to go.  This Planet Fitness is only $10. a month with no sign up fee or quit fee.  

Me, too, Linda! I have decided to join Planet Fitness, myself! Going down to sign up tomorrow!

• Like 3

Just now, Rozuki said:

Me, too, Linda! I have decided to join Planet Fitness, myself! Going down to sign up tomorrow!

I really do like it.  It is so cheap.  Most of the machines explain themselves.  Made it three times this week.  I am a little sore but feel so good mentally.

Hope you like it.

• Like 2

? $10 month I am so frickin jealous... oh well works for free and beach swims... went for a swim this morning... used to be able to go out to the buoy then lap between the two then back in... but out and back knackered me good and propper... but love time in salt water... best feeling ever.

• Like 5

Got in a good workout this morning.  Warmed up with some jump rope.  Got in some strength work: Front Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Chin-Ups, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with a mobility session.

• Like 1

Did a bit of a grab bag workout this morning.  Warmed up with some intervals on the rower.  Then did some strength work: Sled Pulls, Kettlebell Swings, Rope Climbs, Roll-Outs, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with 3 rounds on the heavy bag, slip rope work, and footwork drills.

I've mentioned many times how much I like Farmer's Walks, they are awesome.  This morning was the first time I did rope climbs with a rope tied to the front-top bar of my power rack.  Be forewarned: I will likely be geeking out about this exercise in much the same way I did Farmer's Walks when I started doing them.  Dead simple exercise, but only a few sets in and my back and forearms were on fire...Good times!

• Like 5

Haven't been here much got really busy and lazy at the same time lol.....been a struggle to get ass up and working out daily....got on the d readmill today for 50 minutes than used my weight bench for about 10 minutes. Need to be more consistent....it is just hard for me in the winter when I can get outside to walk...tried to go for a walk outside yesterday but the sidewalks were still icy from the day before and I biffed it lol. How many days until spring?

Lisa

• Like 2

Spent the morning at a climbing gym.  I've been looking to get back on some real rock since the holidays, but this damn rain just won't quit.  Sometimes you have to settle for indoor walls.

Did a few of top rope climbs and some bouldering.  By noon, the place was overrun with little kids.  Apparently the thing to do if you have a hyperactive child is to take them to a climbing gym and let them just run wild.  So I went back to the little weight room area and did some kettlebell exercises and some work on the campus board and fingerboard.

• Like 3

I've been doing a lot of climbing and rowing exercises over the last few days, hitting the posterior chain almost exclusively.  So this morning I did a "push workout" to balance things out a bit.  Warmed up with 4 rounds on the heavy bag.  Moved on to strength work: Front Squats, Overhead Press, Bench Press, Dips, Roll-Outs, and Sled Pushes.  Finished up with mobility work.

• Like 2