Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Well, ive missed you guys. Ive been running for 3 days now and my body is kinda getting into the natural movement of running, its starting to get easy. Today felt less demanding on my legs and lungs. I cant quite yet run 1 hour straight yet,  i do 1 hour of 10 minutes of running and 2-5 minutes of walking depending on how hard my legs hurt. Its addictive as hell though, i can see myself be a runner for the rest of my life. And to think i used to be an obese, sedentarian smoker lol. Lets see if i can run every day of the month, thats an interesting challenge.

• Like 5

My cardiac rehab program is coming to an end! I have 3 more sessions left. Have to pick a local gym to attend. I need to get over my aversion to gyms....I don't want to be in a place where I hear weights hitting the floor and people grunting!!! Weird, I know...but that's me!!!

I just need somewhere I can hop on a treadmill for 20 minutes...do a warmup, do an intense walk, then do a cool-down. Ride a recumbent bike for 10 minutes and then do an upper body exercise for 6 minutes...then do hand weights, stretches for 10 minutes. I don't want to have to wait around for a machine....just want to do what I have to do and then get on with my day!

I am going to check out this gym I joined about 2 years ago by my house ...of course, at that time....I paid for the year in advance and then only went twice!! I always had an excuse as I drove past it....but now there can be no excuses!!!!

• Like 3

UM... down here we have chick only gyms and often gyms will have a cardio room that is seperate from the other rooms.... OH and often squash courts will have a cardio room.... Also the 24 hour gyms tend to be more the cardio crowd than the weight crowd in the middle of the night.... if that suits...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rozuki said:

I need to get over my aversion to gyms....I don't want to be in a place where I hear weights hitting the floor and people grunting!!! Weird, I know...but that's me!!!

I like gyms.  I just have an aversion to 90% of the people in there.

That goofball dropping the bar at the top of the deadlift.  His idiot friend curling in the squat rack.  There's some dipshit over there with two guys spotting him on a Smith Machine.

39 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Also the 24 hour gyms tend to be more the cardio crowd than the weight crowd in the middle of the night.... if that suits...

Good call.  If your schedule allows you to hit the gym during less crowded times, that's your best bet.

• Like 3

I've got to get in gear again this week.  It's been cold and rainy here all weekend so I got lazy.  Strange how a couple of days of doing little more than eating and sleeping can leave you feeling tired.

Looking at doing some boxing and strength training starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boo said:

I've got to get in gear again this week.  It's been cold and rainy here all weekend so I got lazy.  Strange how a couple of days of doing little more than eating and sleeping can leave you feeling tired.

Looking at doing some boxing and strength training starting tomorrow.

All's Lazy in SoddinLazyville....

• Like 2

Did a boxing workout this morning.  I was a bit of slow-starter today, but once I got moving, the workout turned into a good one.

Warmed up with some jump rope and shadow boxing.  Then got down to business: 4 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, medicine ball throws, and slip line drills.  Finished up with Pull-Ups, Decline Push-Ups, and Farmer's Walks.

• Like 1

Today was my last cardio rehab workout session! Did 36 in all.....although I never lost any weight, I feel stronger and now I know my limits. Off to visit Planet Fitness tomorrow as I need to make a decision between that or Blink as the gym I will join....then weighing the pros and cons of each....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rozuki said:

Off to visit Planet Fitness tomorrow

My husband and I just joined planet fitness.  It was so reasonably priced and they had a special join fee of $1.00.  They are not finished building the one close to us.  It should be done in January.  I need to start my new year getting some exercise.  Have gained some weight in my first quit months.  I am not familiar with Blink.

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Linda Thomas said:

My husband and I just joined planet fitness.  It was so reasonably priced and they had a special join fee of $1.00.  They are not finished building the one close to us.  It should be done in January.  I need to start my new year getting some exercise.  Have gained some weight in my first quit months.  I am not familiar with Blink.

Linda, Planet Fitness has same deal by me! I just want to see what it's like inside and look at the equipment they have. Blink is a gym that is very similar but is 20 bucks a month vs 10 bucks month at P'F! 

Decisions, decisions! ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rozuki said:

Linda, Planet Fitness has same deal by me! I just want to see what it's like inside and look at the equipment they have. Blink is a gym that is very similar but is 20 bucks a month vs 10 bucks month at P'F! 

Decisions, decisions! ?

Planet fitness has a $19.00 a month deal if you want to use the massaging chairs, meditation pod and 12 min workout booth.  Those were very appealing to me because they did not require me to move a muscle ?!  Unfortunately, I need to move a couple muscles!  

• Like 2