Daily exercise log for everyone :)

I just completed my first week of cardio rehab! My PT was impressed! I continue my power walking...although not quite at level I was...will get there shortly, I believe. ?

• Like 4

Did an out-and-back hike on the Soddy Creek Gorge Trail this morning.  13.6 miles plus a couple of short spur trails.

Tomorrow, I'm going to take advantage of a three-day weekend and do some flatwater kayaking on the Tennessee River.

• Like 4

Been a busy summer and fall, I have take my workouts inside on the dreadmill sigh....its getting chilly out, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill which is a feat as I hate running inside prefer outside running...this was after I did my squats, lunge twists, and torso twists times 4. What is everyone else up to?

Lisa

• Like 3

Monday metafit followed by yoga.

I pinged an email to the boxing club saying I'd be coming along this week and they replied they are closed this week due to school holidays. But i won a watch they said starting a ladies class Thursday 25th October! Pure chuffed with that as I was a bit conscious with it being all guys in the class. So boxing club next week ?

• Like 3

Did a 5 day backpacking trip on the Trans-Catalina Trail last week.  It's one of the Channel Islands off the coast of California.  Total of 46 miles end-to-end with a loop back to the ferry.  Very up and down steep terrain - but some amazing views.  Camped right on the beach and at the higher elevations.  Great time.

The thought occurred to me that I never would have had such an amazing adventure if I were still a smoker.

catalina1.jpg

• Like 5

Saturday morning, got in a short trail run (6.3 miles) on the Laurel Snow trail.  Cooler Fall temperatures finally reached Tennessee and it felt good to get out in the woods for a run again.

Started a new strength program yesterday, four days a week.  I structured the workouts the same: start with an Olympic lift, follow that with two foundation lifts, then a couple of bodyweight exercises performed on Olympic rings, and finish up with a weighted carry/pull.  It looks like this...

Monday and Thursday: Clean and Jerk, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Pull-Ups, Inverted Rows, and Sled Pulls.

Tuesday and Friday: Snatch, Front Squat, Bench Press, Dips, Roll-Outs, and Farmer's Walks.

Also making a point to eat clean now.  I let things get a bit sloppy on the nutritional side over the last couple of weeks.

• Like 2

On Sunday, walked the High Line Park in NYC (1.45 miles), then walked down to Chelsea Market and then walked over to Chelsea Pier. Walked down to the cruise piers and took a 2 hour sunset jazz cruise around lower Manhattan!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Line

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Market

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Piers

https://www.sail-nyc.com/browse-by-boat/yacht-manhattan/

My total mileage walked was 7+ miles....felt good to get out there again! Was even able to walk the next day...lol!

• Like 4

Strength work this morning: Clean and Jerk, Deadlifts, Overhead Press, Pull-Ups, Inverted Rows, and Sled Pulls.  Finished up with 15 minutes of jump rope and a short mobility session.

I'm going to tweak my program a bit to maximize my time with weighted carries and pulls.  I've already mentioned how much I like Farmer's Walks and I'm really liking the sled work (pushing and pulling).  There's just something about moving heavy weights that gets the job done and leaves you feeling strong.

• Like 2

Strength work this morning: Snatch, Front Squat, and Bench Press.  Finished up my strength work with a walk, push, pull relay: 1 rep=Farmer's Walk, Sled Pull, Sled Push, Farmer's Walk.  Did five reps of that and was thoroughly exhausted at the end.  Finished up the session with 20 minutes of mobility work.

I've got some hiking and climbing lined up for tomorrow morning.

Have a good weekend everybody.

• Like 1

Strength work this morning: Deadlift, Overhead Press, Chin-Ups, Hanging Leg Raises, and Sled Push and Pull(10 laps).  Twenty minutes of intervals on the rower and finished up with a 15 minute mobility session.

• Like 2

My 28 year old son came out for a visit and we went for a hike yesterday.  Over 3200 feet of elevation in 9.2 miles.  He was absolutely wiped out when we reached the highest point and I was ready to go again.  He took this picture and declared: Dad is king of the mountain.  Made me feel pretty damn good since for decades I was always the one on the sidelines smoking a butt.  

Indian canyons grey shorts 22 small.jpg

Edited by BKP
typo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wasn't really feeling it this morning...one of those days.

Did twenty-minutes of steady state on the rower.  Did some Pull-Ups and Dips on the rings.  Finished up with a mobility session.

Felt considerably better once I started moving.

• Like 1

Oh @WeegieWoman hope you have a blast at chick boxing... once you get comfy with the concepts though consider training with the fellas, if your are there for the exercise/sport you will get way more out of a mixed/mainly bloke session than you ever will out of a chick session. :D

@Boo still did more than me... although getting moving and the endorphin release would have perked you up... miss the post exercise endorphins ? .... went for a walk today though, longest one since I got sick... maybe 3km.... feeling a bit proud.

• Like 4