Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Strength work this morning: Front Squats, Incline Bench Press, and Atlas Swings.  Did some supplemental work: Racked Farmer's Walks and Kettlebell Presses.

As for Saturday...I'm gonna get some sleep.  Have to remind myself that adequate rest is a vital component of the whole healthy living thing.

• Like 2

Changed things up today.  The whole three-days on with the others being "active rest" days was okay for a while, but I want to lift more.  So, I read some material by Pavel Tsatsouline where he talked about volume over intensity.  Pretty basic stuff really, if you don't go to failure on every lift you can do more work more frequently.  Volume adds up quickly in strength training.

I'm going to be lifting six days a-week now.  Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Deadlifts, Goblet Squats, Power Cleans, and Farmer's Walks.  Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: One-Arm Floor Press, Overhead Press, Good Mornings, and Landmine Twists.  I'm going to work in more steady-state cardio on a daily basis as well.

Today, I did my Monday workout and finished with 20 minutes of jump rope.  Looking to add some time on the rower this evening as well.

• Like 3

No workout this morning.  I was sidelined with stomach issues.  Didn't think it would be wise to force the issue.

Did lose some weight today doing multiple sets of porcelain squats.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Back to work this morning.  Strength work consisted of: Deadlifts, Goblet Squats, Power Cleans, and Farmer's Walks.  Did a bit of core work: Hanging Leg Raises and Russian Twists.  Finished up with intervals on the rower.

13 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Hope you feeling better today.....( plenty of water today )....to flush it out...

Had plenty of water today, but there wasn't much left to flush out.  My stomach had a clearance sale yesterday: "EVERYTHING MUST GO!"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Strength work this morning: One-Arm Dumbbell Presses, Military Press, Good Mornings, and Landmines.  A bit of supplemental work: Racked Farmer's Walks and Hanging Leg Raises.  Cardio Work: 15 minutes of jump rope.  And finished up with 15 minutes of mobility work.

• Like 2

My phones broke and Im normally here on my phone hence not really been posting.  But I have been exercising!  Cx Works on Tuesday, Body Conditioning on Wednesday and a ciruits class yesterday.   Today is a wee swim after work, I really enjoyed that last week so doing it again.

• Like 3

Got in a great workout this morning.  Strength work consisted of: Deadlifts, Front Squats, Power Cleans, and Farmer's Walks.  Had some gas left in the tank so I added 5 sets of High Box Step-Ups with kettlebells and two more sets of Farmer's Walks.  Did some 10/20 intervals on the rower and finished up with 15 minutes of mobility work.

Keep moving and have a great weekend folks.

• Like 3

Strength work this morning: Deadlifts, Goblet Squats, Power Cleans, and Farmer's Walk.  Did a bit of supplemental hinge work: Single-Leg Deadlifts and Glute Bridges.  Finished up with 15 minutes of jump rope and 15 minutes of mobility work.

Probably overdid it a bit as I'm still doing the whole volume thing.  I'll see how the legs feel tomorrow and work accordingly.

• Like 2

Strength work today: One-Arm Floor Press, Military Press, Good Mornings, and Landmines.  Worked in some supplemental strength work with 5x5 Barbell Push-Press.  Finished up with 10/20 intervals on the rower and some mobility work.

• Like 3

I was pressed for time this morning.  Did a superset: Front Squats, Romanian Deadlift, Military Press, Bench Press, and Bent-Over Row.  Six reps of each, repeated the set five times.  Cooled down with 10 minutes of mobility work.

2 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Just joined and done a hour class in Clubercize... It was great fun....I was the oldest there by far..and kept up.

There is no way I could have done that when I was a smoker... Not a chance....The rewards are still happening....

Look at her go!  Good work Horny Toad.

• Like 1