Daily exercise log for everyone :)

21 hours ago, BKP said:

If you've never been to the Grand Canyon then prepare to be blown away.  It's fvcking amazing.

I've been twice.  The first time, I was six years-old.  Really don't remember much from that trip.  Last time was twenty years-ago and it still ranks as one of my favorite trips of all time.  I'm stoked to be heading back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frezflops said:

Next week I am going to add weights to my squats routine to challenge myself and build strength 

Just a suggestion: you may want to try Farmer's Walks or any other variety of weighted carry if your looking to build strength.  I know I go on about weighted carries, but I have not found an exercise yet that gave the kind of results that I've enjoyed with Farmer's Walks.

If anyone reading this is interested in learning more, here is a good article about weighted carries by Dan John, one of the best strength coaches in the world...

https://www.t-nation.com/training/secret-of-loaded-carries

• Like 1

Got in some strength work this morning: Deadlifts, High Boy Rows, and Farmer's Walks.  Had some gas left in the tank so I finished with a superset consisting of: Push Press and Pull-Ups.  Repeated the superset four times.

This afternoon, I was feeling highly irritable.  You know those assholes who make you have some really violent thoughts?  Of course you do.  I had the pleasure of dealing with one of those guys today.  Rather than commit a felony, I bought a day pass at a local black iron gym.  Did an old school 5x5 workout while I was there: Front Squats, Bench Press, and Bent-Over Rows

Rage can be a detrimental and dangerous emotion.  However, when channeled into a workout, rage is a powerful motivator.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2018 at 4:30 PM, Doreensfree said:

Grrrr....I'm going to be  doing some of those farmers walks for sure.....I might even throw in some of those High Boys in a Row........

Horny Toad at the gym...

Edited by Boo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Grrrr....I'm going to be  doing some of those farmers walks for sure.....I might even throw in some of those High Boys in a Row........

High Boys ...... are those the same as "Tall Boys"?

a407f89109fd40159babc5a1ee60fbfb.ashx

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I ran 6.25 miles after my usual squats....than sat in hot tub to relax my muscles....have to stop grazing so much on the weekends.....need to reign that in before it becomes detrimental to my weight. Not hurting me too bad so far but need to focus on only one day out of the weekend as a Free eating day instead of the whole weekend lol. What is everyone doing today?

Lisa

• Like 3

Did my strength work this morning: Front Squats, Incline Bench Press, and Atlas Swings.  Added five sets of Push Press, did a bit of core work(Hanging Leg Raises and Landmines), and finished up with 15 minutes of mobility work.

1 hour ago, Frezflops said:

have to stop grazing so much on the weekends

I didn't graze this weekend, but I did go after some homemade banana pudding like I was trying to destroy the evidence.

I quit smoking.  I quit drinking.  I still can't control myself around homemade banana pudding.  Knowing your weakness is the first step in doing something about it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Friday- Zumba and kickboxing

Saturday- dance aerobics and yoga

Sunday- just some walking

Today- rest day

i must say the addition of a weekly yoga class has been beneficial and also challenging. I'd like to do at least one or two more per week but gym/work schedules don't allow for it just now. I didn't realize how tight I had become. By tight, I mean inflexible. The stretching has been good but I've got a long way to go to being as limber as I'd like to be. But hey- goals are good motivation!

• Like 4

Did some rucking on the trails near my house (4.4 miles / 65 pounds).

On 7/30/2018 at 5:10 PM, Doreensfree said:

Oh yum !!!!....recipe here pleeeze...

I should have been more clear when I wrote "homemade."  A very nice older lady that lives down the road from me has been delivering housewarming gifts.  So far she has made us homemade banana pudding and a red velvet cake.  If I can get the recipes from her, I will pass them on to you.  In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how much added energy expenditures I will need to avoid becoming fat as a bear with all this delicious food being delivered.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Boo said:

Did some rucking on the trails near my house (4.4 miles / 65 pounds)

At least you know you can gain 65 pounds and still make 4.4 miles on those trails!  And just think, it won't be all on your back- the weight will.... ahem... be more evenly distributed

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Boo said:

I should have been more clear when I wrote "homemade."  A very nice older lady that lives down the road from me has been delivering housewarming gifts.  So far she has made us homemade banana pudding and a red velvet cake.  If I can get the recipes from her, I will pass them on to you.  In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how much added energy expenditures I will need to avoid becoming fat as a bear with all this delicious food being delivered.

Aww ..how sweet and neighbourly.... You are so lucky..

Maybe you can just post me a little bit ....

That's if my postman doesn't get there first ....

• Like 1

Strength work this morning: Deadlifts, High Boy Rows, and Farmer's Walks.  Did a bit of supplemental strength/mobility work with the kettlebells: Halos, Windmills, and Get-Ups.  Finished up with intervals on the rower.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:40 PM, PeaceTrain said:

At least you know you can gain 65 pounds and still make 4.4 miles on those trails!  And just think, it won't be all on your back- the weight will.... ahem... be more evenly distributed

That's it!  Instead of getting fat, I can simply say that I'm adding resistance for bodyweight exercises.  Get fat enough and every walk is a loaded carry...Genius!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Boo said:

Strength work this morning: Deadlifts, High Boy Rows, and Farmer's Walks.  Did a bit of supplemental strength/mobility work with the kettlebells: Halos, Windmills, and Get-Ups.  Finished up with intervals on the rower.

That's it!  Instead of getting fat, I can simply say that I'm adding resistance for bodyweight exercises.  Get fat enough and every walk is a loaded carry...Genius!

Yes, you can literally have you cake and eat it too!

30 minutes kickboxing yesterday morning.  Had to get in to work early so nothing this morning.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1