Daily exercise log for everyone :)

I'm really going to try do the whole "active rest days" thing.  This morning I did 25 minutes of steady state on the rower and 20 minutes of mobility work.

I'm really looking forward to more hiking & rucking, but you know...this damn heat!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Boo said:

I'm really going to try do the whole "active rest days" thing.  This morning I did 25 minutes of steady state on the rower and 20 minutes of mobility work.

I'm really looking forward to more hiking & rucking, but you know...this damn heat!

All those exercises are paying off  Boo...look at you go !!!!

TjHUA5pm3Rl8Q.gif

• Haha 1

Did my strength work this morning: Front Squats, Incline Bench Press, and Atlas Swings.  Had plenty of gas left in the tank so I did some supplemental exercises: Box Jumps, Kettlebell Shoulder Rotations, and Landmines.

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

All those exercises are paying off  Boo...look at you go !!!!

TjHUA5pm3Rl8Q.gif

Bear Crawls are a great exercise, but Goat Walks...that's some advanced stuff right there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Did some strength work this morning: Deadlifts, High Boy Rows, and Farmer's Walks.  For supplemental work, I did a Pull-Up pyramid and a couple more sets of Farmer's Walks.

As for my "active rest" days, I'm in the process of moving house.  So, there is no shortage of heavy lifting and physical labor right now on my "easy" days.

Have a good weekend everybody.

• Like 3

Ran today 5.25 miles after squats and such need to really reign my eating in...vacation has given me too many excuses to eat and drink bad.....going to the fair tonight to see cheap trick I have been eating healthy all day to hopefully counteract the crap I may eat tonight lol.....not that that works....I am back at work on Monday and I think I will start increasing my running miles next week going to try for 7 mile run hopefully by the end of week. We will see. What is everyone else doing?

Lisa

• Like 2

Hi exercise buddies! It's great to "see" you all and to see that you're still keeping fit! I haven't been around in a while but rest assured I've been keeping pretty consistently active with my workouts.  I've added yoga and I think I've pretty much thrown in the towel on spinning- at least until I come across an instructor whose music I like.  When you're not into the music, that hour sure can drag and why do something you're hating?  

Today: Zumba and kickboxing.  

• Like 7

I haven't been checking in on this thread as much lately, but have been consistent with the exercise.  I do a strength session on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday alternating between Workout A (Deadlifts, High Boy Rows, and Farmer's Walks) and Workout B (Front Squats, Incline Bench Press, and Atlas Swings).  As for the other days, I do get in some mobility work and steady-state cardio first thing in the morning.  Having recently moved, there is a lot of work to be done around the new house.  The activity levels are good.

Where my focus is right now is getting my nutrition and sleep levels optimized again.  I've been eating on the run a lot and just grabbing a bite here and there for the last couple of weeks.  To say my diet is less than optimal right now would be an understatement.  And the sleep pattern is way off right now.  I got by with a lack of sleep for a little while there, but it has caught up with me now.

4 hours ago, BKP said:

Went camping in the mountains over the weekend. Did a little hiking and just enjoyed the beauty all around me. It’s great when you can combine exercise with soul nurturing. ?

I've got a trip to the Grand Canyon planned in September.  Multi-day rafting trip down the Colorado with some hiking excursions along the way.  And, where I live now is only a couple of miles from Laurel-Snow and multiple sections of the Cumberland Trail are nearby.  I am ready for fall.  Ready to get back out there and put in some trail miles.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Boo said:

I've got a trip to the Grand Canyon planned in September.  Multi-day rafting trip down the Colorado with some hiking excursions along the way.  And, where I live now is only a couple of miles from Laurel-Snow and multiple sections of the Cumberland Trail are nearby.  I am ready for fall.  Ready to get back out there and put in some trail miles.

If you've never been to the Grand Canyon then prepare to be blown away.  It's fvcking amazing.

• Like 3