Daily exercise log for everyone :)

It's been a while since I checked in so...I have officially lost 16 lbs!!!!!  I think my metabolism finally found its motor cause these past two weeks I've pulled great numbers and I can visibly SEE a difference in my body.  I was feeling a little depressed over the weight to be honest and I'm starting to feel happy again.  

With that said I do a combo of running, kickboxing and resistance training for anyone new. I have a shoulder injury from the strength training so this week I've been walking/jogging only.  Today I did 3.87 miles in 60 minutes.  Can't wait for the shoulder to start feeling better cause even walking can jiggle the hurt if I'm not careful..   :(

• Like 7

Jogged my hill route today.  Went well over halfway up the hill without stopping to walk.  Walked only twice and just for a couple of moments.  I went at a snail's pace, but was so happy to only walk twice.  Also went just a short bit further to make it to 2.0 miles.  Did it in a half hour.  I think it is an improvement in time, pace and distance.  Was celebrating my 10 month anniversary and working to make my quit friends proud.  :)

Still trying to catch and share a decent photo of the hill to share with you.  

• Like 3

I did squats (30), lunge pulses (30 each side), and other strength exercises then I went on a 6.5 mile run did not stop but once to walk and then only for 1 minute feels great. I think using the adaptive motion trainer at work is helping me with my endurance and not having to stop a rest up before going on either that or I am having a good run of good runs lol.......love the feeling I get after and during a run it makes me feel good and peaceful.....it does help with my anxiety and stress also......

Yesterday, spin class.  On my way to another right now :)  Today was my favorite sort of class and a lot of fun.  Started with steep hills, then did pyramid sprints (grueling but I think I like them), on to jumps (love jumps), then rolling hill sprints.

• Like 2

Awesome exercise day - did small group training - heaps of legs then kick boxing class - back to the change room and found out I didn't lock my locker properly - yep - purse is gone - now spending time cancelling credit cards but don't even want to smoke - so something positive !

• Like 1

Awesome exercise day - did small group training - heaps of legs then kick boxing class - back to the change room and found out I didn't lock my locker properly - yep - purse is gone - now spending time cancelling credit cards but don't even want to smoke - so something positive !

Oh no so so sorry to hear that Pip!  I only use the lockers when I use the machines, for classes I take my bag with me.  Don't bother with a purse either, just throw a wristlet that I use as a wallet, which also holds my keys and phone into the bag.  Sometimes when looking for an empty locker, I find them being used but with no lock on them.  I don't understand that.  Anyway, hope your accounts weren't compromised and it all clears up for you.  

The Sarge hasn't run in a week.

There were two skipped runs last week that miles need made up on. A 10k and a 5k (9.3 miles, total, missed)

As such, tonight's 10k will insted be a 10-miler, making up 3.8 of the missed miles.  

Easy Peasy

I haven't been to the gym since Sunday.  I am going to start doing small workouts at home in the morning on the days I can't get to the gym.  Seeing that my new employer needs a little more time to get things rolling, I have today off.  Therefore, I will be taking myself to the gym shortly and then power walking through the supermarkets to do grocery shopping.

I spent an hour and a half at the gym.  It was packed so I stayed in the women's only area.  Did every weight machine in there, except for abs.  Then I walked as fast as I could without actually running for 35 minutes.  

My shoulder is still out, though it is feeling better. Regardless its not well enough so Ive been sticking to walking/jogging. SO far this week I have logged in 12 miles, 4 each day. I might push it tomorrow, my endurance is feeling pretty good.

Edit to add....check out what I saw yesterday on my 10th mile mark...this got me going! Was as long as I was tall, if not longer, lol!  It was just strolling along the path, I stopped to let it pass, took a pic and high tailed it out of there!

snake_zpse3320f0a.jpg

• Like 2

Pippa! Sorry to hear about your purse that is the worst but glad you can see the positive from a negative.

Kick boxing too...tough stuff.

• Like 1