Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Some days the hardest part is getting started.  Woke up grouchy and feeling like I had nothing in the tank.  Figured this to be one of those "punch the clock" workouts.  

Did 20 minutes on the rower to get the heart rate up.  Followed that with a few mobility drills.  After that, started feeling a whole lot better so I got in some strength work: Deadlifts, High-Box Step-Ups, Bench Press, and Push Press.

I had to give myself a swift kick in the ass to get it going, but I got it done.

• Like 2

Boxing workout this morning: 6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, 2 rounds of slip-line work, and 2 rounds of footwork/defensive drills.  Finished up with some medicine ball throws, Landmines, and Russian Twists.

Felt good after the boxing workout was complete so I did Clean & Jerks (5x2).  Note to self: If you're going to work Olympic lifts into your workout, do those first.

• Like 1

Did another round of Clean & Jerks(2x5).  Finished up my strength work with 5x5s: Deadlifts, Bench Press, and Bent-Over Rows.  A bit of core work: Roll Outs, Good Mornings, and Landmines.  Finished up with 4 rounds on the heavy bag.

13 hours ago, bakon said:

Jerk part right

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was pressed for time this morning.  So I did intervals on the rower and a bodyweight circuit: Box Jumps, Pull-Ups, Dive Bombers, Dips, and Hanging Leg Raises.  Repeated the circuit 5 times.

• Like 1

Think I might take a break today...it is my running day but not really feeling it and my back hurts a little may just chill before work, maybe get a walk in but also may just get in the hot tub and say screw it....my back is hurting today for some reason. Will run tomorrow if I do not ride our bikes or both depending in how I feel

Lisa

• Like 1

Strength work this morning: Clean and Jerks, Romanian Deadlifts, Bench Press, Bent-Over Rows, and Farmer's Walks.  Finished up with 20 minutes of mobility work.

6 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Probably watching England get hammered !!..I bet my Soddy Daisy on it !!!

I see what you did there.  You managed to work it into a conversation.  Nice!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

bucketed all weekend so no walking of the beasts. Looking sunny today but expecting more rain tonight... might walk them during the day but I doubt it.. they are easier to walk at night because they behave better, Sarge doesn't want to sit there and bark at the cars driving past and Gunn doesn't want to jump every front fence he sees... which is basically every second house.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Probably watching England get hammered !!..I bet my Soddy Daisy on it !!!

I see what you did there.  You managed to work it into a conversation.  Nice!

Lol...did you doubt it ???.....check my profile...xxxx

• Like 1

Did some bodyweight exercises this morning: Pistol Squats, Pull-Ups, Elevated Push-Ups, Hanging Leg Raises, and Roll-Outs.  Finished up with 10/20 intervals on the rower and 15 minutes of mobility work.

Jumped in my friend's pool after work.  Mostly just to cool off a bit, but did get in some laps.

• Like 1

Strength work this morning: Front Squats, Push Press, Renegade Rows, Kettlebell Swings, and Farmer's Walk.  Finished up with 4 rounds on the heavy bag and 15 minutes jumping rope.

• Like 1