Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Yes outdoor pools are brill, and 50m pools are so cool to swim in too.  Theres one in Glasgow and it just feels different, the water is much calmer.  I dont tend to count time slippy as im busy keeping my length count.  I basically dont think the whole time im in just keeping my length count hahaha its like meditating whilst swimming. Ive just calculated ive actually shot myself in the foot as I'll normally swim 66 lengths of a 25m pool which is 1650m, around one mile.  And the 40 lengths of a 50m pool is 2000m! But ive pledged it so going to stick to it and hey its all chill time on holiday isnt it so plenty time to do it. Plan is get down in the morning instead of the usual nudging hubby get up, lets go for breakfast, no, go down yourself etc etc I'll just go for my swim then start nudging (nagging) ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Strength work this morning.  I am going to start incorporating Olympic Lifts into my routine.  There is a considerable learning curve involved in getting the proper form down.  So, I will be working them in one-at-time over a matter of several months.  Starting off with the Clean and Jerk.  Did 10 singles, 80% 1RM.  Included some Deadlifts (6x4), Weighted Pull-Ups (5x5), and Farmer's Walks (3x30 seconds).

Finished up with some 10/20 intervals on the rower and 15 minutes of mobility work.

• Like 3

Legs, lungs, and core today.  High-Box Step-Ups with kettlebells, Romanian Deadlifts, Suitcase Carries, Hanging Leg Raises, and Landmines.  Finished up with some HIIT intervals on the rower.

• Like 2

Still working on perfecting the Clean and Jerk.  Did 10 singles and added 5 pounds today.  The meatheads laugh at those little 2.5 plates, but in the whole progressive resistance game, slow and steady wins the race.  Finished my strength work with 5x5s: Deadlift, Bench Press, and Bent-Over Row.

Did my mobility work between sets and finished up with 20 minutes of steady state on the rower.

• Like 2

I was pressed for time this morning so I did a circuit workout.  Circuit consisted of: High-Box Step-Ups, Romanian Deadlifts, Weighted Pull-Ups, Overhead Shoulder Press, and Bench Press.  Repeated the circuit 5 times.

Finished up with 20/20 intervals on the rower.

If you really get after it, there's no need to spend a lot of time in the gym to get in a solid workout.

• Like 2

Did some flat-water kayaking today.  Put in at Suck Creek and paddled to Harper Valley, just shy of 10-miles.

Although, must admit, the currents today made for some easy paddling.

• Like 2

Did more Clean and Jerk work today.  Instead of 10 singles, switched to 5 sets of 2 reps.  Completed my strength work with Romanian Deadlifts, Bench Press, Bent-Over Row, and Farmer's Walk.  Did some Box Jumps and finished with some cardio: Jump Rope and Speed Skaters.

5 hours ago, Frezflops said:

I ran 5.5 miles today plus the usual squats what is everyone else doing today?

Squatting and running on the same day...much respect.

• Like 2

I was going to take a day off, but felt like getting in a light workout today.  Did some bodyweight exercises: Pistol Squats, Dive Bombers, Pull-Ups, and Hanging Leg Raises.  Did 20 minutes on the rower and finished up with some mobility work.

• Like 2

Strength work this morning: Front Squats, Romanian Deadlifts, Bench Press, Bent-Over Row, and Overhead Press.  Did a bit of core work: Roll-Outs, Landmines, and Good Mornings.  And finished up with a bit of boxing: 6 rounds on the heavy bag.

• Like 2

I walked to the couch.... I walked to the kitchen, I did some waits... wait for the coffee, wait for the toaster.... I did some arm exercises, spread the vegemite, lift the cup, .... I walked to the table... i did a squat to place me arse in the chair and I started working on the laps.... laptop A & Laptop B..... I'm totally nailin it today.

• Haha 5

Did nothing yesterday as it rained and needed to do bills....today ran 5.2 miles I feel great.... the best thing about returning to running this time is I can run without stopping and there is no pain after...i feel I have a better form, I am not fast by any means but I am steady...about a 11 to 12 minute mile. On weight loss, even though I am no longer on shakes and am eating a healthy diet mostly, I am still losing. I am down in weight.... my anniversary vacation is coming up and I know I will be going out to eat prolly daily so I fully expect to gain even though I will still exercise and eat mostly healthy otherwise and that is okay. I have definitely given myself leeway in that respect.
What Is everyone else doing?

Lisa

• Like 2

Boxing in the morning and a bit of climbing this afternoon.

Started the day with boxing work: jump rope, 4 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, and 2 rounds of slip-line work.  Finished up with medicine ball throws and landmines.

This afternoon after work, met a couple of friends at a local climbing gym.  Had a good bit of fun for about 90 minutes.  Mostly bouldering with a little bit of top-roping.

• Like 2

Had a good workout this morning.  Did Clean & Jerks, Kettlebell Swings, Weighted Pull-Ups, Bench Press, and Farmer's Walks.  Got in some core work: Hanging Leg Raises, Russian Twists, and Good Mornings.  Finished up with 5 rounds on the heavy bag and a couple of rounds of footwork/defensive drills.

And now for the really fun stuff...I've got two full days of whitewater paddling planned for the weekend.  Good times.

• Like 3