Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Got in some strength work this morning: Front Squats, Kettlebell Swings, Push Press, Pull-Ups, and Farmer's Walk.

And with that, I will see y'all next week.  I've decided to take the weekend off.  Got everything sorted out.  Have the house to myself this weekend.  Gonna sleep late, eat well, and watch some baseball.  I'm going hardcore lazy this weekend.

• Like 4

Hi everyone, I am 3.6 lbs below my weight goal....I will take it gives me wiggle room so to speak and of course still healthy weight for me... 3 more weeks for transition to a real diet than I will be done with hmr. I am going for....wait for it.....you know it's coming........a walk lol ????

What Is everyone else doing?

Lisa 

• Like 3

Here's the deal... over the course of my 5-year-quit, I gained an embarrassing 50 pounds.  So, like ten pounds a year.  Doesn't sound like much, but for a woman with a 5'4" frame, it was like gaining a third of me.

I spent from January 2017 to June 2017 walking, doing floor exercises at home, and running laps in my backyard.  I lost all of the weight and then some.  I mean, I was model-thin.  Too thin, to be honest.  So, I gained an extra 5 pounds, backed off the amount of energy I was consuming and added a few more calories to my daily diet, and have managed to maintain my weight for a year.

Of course, I also started smoking again in July 2017 --- coincidence?  I think not.  I see my Twizzler stash disappearing and I see your daily exercise log and I understand that maybe.. just maybe... I better pay attention to BOTH what I'm NOT putting in my mouth... and what I am.  :(

• Like 7

Don't come on here that often but I'm still working out. I prefer bodycombat (les mills) classes and the occassional pilates or zumba. I really must get on a treadmill and start walking/jogging as I'm thinking of doing a 5K later this year having not run at all for years. I am just procrastinating lol. But weight is tracking down at a healthy 1lbs per week which I'm happy with. 1 lb away from where I'm happy but will keep going for a while and see where my body naturally stops as I could be lighter, I just don't feel that I NEED to be if you see what I mean. All good and my strength is increasing steadily. Pretty comfortable actually.

• Like 3

The minute I call it a diet I fall off the wagon lol. I spent a couple of years tracking on my fitness pal and just got a feel for what works and doesn't for me, now I just use it to keep myself accountable and often do a challenge each month, sometimes fitness sometimes weight based. I still snack on crisps and biscuitsbut only on heavy exercise days, the other days I'll have garlic olives, pickled beetroot, watermelon or grapes etc. Just 2 meals, I don't need or want 3. It was a gradual shift towards just looking after myself better and I think we all get in a habit of just eating what we've always eaten?  So I know if I want to shift weight, I need to amend the kitchen first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2018 at 5:59 AM, TravellingSunny said:

I see my Twizzler stash disappearing and I see your daily exercise log and I understand that maybe.. just maybe... I better pay attention to BOTH what I'm NOT putting in my mouth... and what I am.  :(

Not sure what twizzlers are but I think they might be lollies... anyway I started this quit big, like big big, and even as a kid when I was swim training 6 days a week at least 1 session and playing or umpiring netball 4 days a week and softball in summer,  I was still big not big like now but not as thin as one would expect for the amount of activity I did and our junk food was fish n chips on Friday and everything else was super healthy.... so anyway I start this quit already extremely over weight and I thought get to month 3 (90 days to break the back of the habit) and then worry about the weight, until then the quit is all that matters.

On 4/24/2018 at 8:15 PM, WeegieWoman said:

An hour of TT with the hubby today, not sure how good that is in terms of exercise but will be good fun ? 

umm.... what the hell is TT because all I'm drawing blanks.

So energy levels are really low due to my stupid doctor diet (for some tests) so haven't been doing much. Have had to stop walking the shepherd as he is just too hard to control. Usually I can get the kid to walk him once a day as for some strange reason he behaves for her. Sarge is still getting his daily walk but he is so lazy, goes as far has the first corner then sits down to come home if I don't turn... the little shit is nearly 40kg and i can't shift him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

Not sure what twizzlers are but I think they might be lollies...

Twizzlers are a brand name, but I think my Australian sisters (one in Perth and one in Broome) would just call it red licorice.  I eat the strawberry flavored ones.

• Thanks 2

Did some strength and HIIT work this morning: High-Box Step-Ups, Inverted Rows on the rings, Overhead Barbell Press, Bench Press, and Farmer's Walk.  Did 15 minutes of interval work on the rower and another 15 minutes of jump rope.  Cooled down with 15 minutes of mobility work.

Rest is important, but I have to say: after taking the weekend off and life getting in the way of my workout schedule the last two-days, I was dragging around.  Started today off with a good workout, had a busy day at work...and I feel great right now.  Seems the more rest I get, the more rest I want.  Conversely, the harder I push myself physically, the better I feel.

• Like 3

Played a game of mixed, rebound netball (netball on an indoor cricket court, mixed as in sticks and chicks) I am so sore I probably wont be able to move today...no, no, no i am not coming out of retirement.... that's it I'm dunsky.... 40mins (4 x10min quarters with 2 1.5min breaks and 1 x 3min break) of play on a netball court where I was probably old enough to be halfa their mums. OMG I am to old, fat and unfit for this shit that's why i retired me netball skirt nearly 3 years ago. So someone else can walk the dogs cos I did my shit.. my arms feel like sgetti, my knee and ankle are kindly reminding me of their existance and i just feel even more exhausted than I normally do since starting this farkle darke doctor diet. So yay us we won, so not yay our new wizz bang goal attack who says to me after the game "you did really good for an old lady. My mum couldn't do that"... F.U. mr I'm 16 an invicible... no, no, no,.... my mate can ring me 329 times in a row next week and i will not answer, and i will not fill in for her kids teams... not happening any more.... probably until they ring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh thats what twizzlers are, we call them laces here. Wow check you playing netball on a cricket court jo, good for you, im jealous id love that.

Frezflops you sound a bit like me, do you squat while brushing teeth and tricep dip off the worktop while waiting for kettle to boil? Something in the microwave, get down for some crunches ha! 

Well im up, i was plannng a lazy day. But im going to do the saturday sesh cx works then step.