Daily exercise log for everyone :)

I ran 12.6 miles on the Soddy Creek Gorge section of the Cumberland Trail yesterday.  Steep climbs and descents.  Multiple creek crossings.  Rock gardens.  And did I mention it was muddy following recent rains.  I didn't set any time records, but some days just finishing feels like a feat.

Took it easy today.  Got in a full mobility session and did some core work.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:14 PM, PeaceTrain said:

OK back on track with a vengeance. 3 hours in the gym today: 30 minutes Zumba; 45 minutes kickboxing; 45 minutes spinning; 60 minutes barre. Whew!

Damn!  Much respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mon - Fri i walk on breaks at work and track my steps w Fitbit. Averaging about 6000 a day. Translates to about 3 miles. On a good day I get in about 8000 steps! I have gained weight since I quit but finally it has leveled off... It has been hard to get my steps in on the weekend with the crappy winter weather!! I will get back to doing my own yard work this spring which should help w shedding the extra lbs.

6036e037d1e1f6eb36ae3b55a26cd1ed--funny-

• Like 4

This morning, I warmed up with 15 minutes of jump rope and did my strength work (Power Cleans, Bench Press, Kettlebell Side Lunge, Dips, Farmer's Walk).  Finished up with 3 rounds on the heavy bag.

• Like 1

I also used and still use the fitbit, i agree with the bad weather... Its tough getting steps in so i use the treadmill but it is so good to be able to walk miles and not breath like a bulldog since ive been free of them sticks and back in shape

• Like 2

Did some boxing work this morning (6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, slip line drills, footwork drills, and medicine ball throws).  Finished up with core work (hanging leg raises, roll outs, landmine twists, and good mornings) and 15 minutes on the rower.

4 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Nice work Quit Train guys !!!!

Pretty sure that "T-1000" guy runs on the trails near my house.  The guy who wears fluorescent orange shorty-shorts and calls me "bro" in spite of the fact that I don't know him from Adam's housecat.  Oh the people you meet on the trails.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

He's just being friendly... What's not to love !!!...he likes your shorts....

I am quite lovable, but I have to trust my instincts with that guy.

51 minutes ago, bakon said:

Then cleaned everything day for cardio.

You prancing around in a French maid outfit while your buddies at the precinct throw nickels at you is not a workout.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 3:14 PM, Boo said:

This morning, I warmed up with 15 minutes of jump rope and did my strength work (Power Cleans, Bench Press, Kettlebell Side Lunge, Dips,   

Farmer's Walk).  Finished up with 3 rounds on the heavy bag.

I know this one ^^ :)

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday morning 30 minutes on the elliptical in the morning then around lunchtime started feeling a cold coming on. It's fully on now!  So I slept in as late as I could this morning and skipped my workout. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Or not.  It's a cold.  It came; it will go. And not a moment too soon. (Sniff)

Edited by PeaceTrain
  • Sad 1

On 2/27/2018 at 10:14 PM, PeaceTrain said:

Yesterday morning 30 minutes on the elliptical in the morning then around lunchtime started feeling a cold coming on. It's fully on now!  So I slept in as late as I could this morning and skipped my workout. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Or not.  It's a cold.  It came; it will go. And not a moment too soon. (Sniff)

Edited by Boo

Kept it simple and got right to the point this morning: Squats, Straight-Leg Deadlifts, Pull-Ups, Incline Bench Press.  A few minutes of core work: Roll Outs, Medicine Ball Russian Twists, Planks.  Finished up with intervals on the rower.

• Like 1

Boxing this morning: 6 rounds on the heavy bag, 2 rounds on the speed bag, 2 rounds on the double-end bag, slip line and footwork drills, and medicine ball throws.  Did some core work: hanging leg raises, landmine twists, and reverse planks.  Finished up with 15-minutes of jump rope.

Found out today that a new boxing gym is opening within a 30-minute drive from my house.  So, I'm hoping to start sparring again soon.

• Like 1

We had perfect weather for hiking this weekend, so hike we did.  Overnight backpacking trip on the Cohutta Wilderness Loop.  The loop is 24-miles and figuring in the amount of walking I did rounding up dry wood and stalking trout, I walked at least 27-miles this weekend.  

I've stayed in nice hotels before, but nothing compares to sleeping in a tent next to a mountain stream.  Simple perfection.

• Like 2