Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Mountain hiking Saturday (10.3 miles) and Sunday (14.4 miles). Total combined floors on Fitbit = 785.  Only drawback is that 6 of my toenails are black and doomed to fall off. :2_grimacing:

Lichen on quartz crystals.

Edited by BKP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frezflops said:

21.5 lbs so far. 35 more to go. 

Impressive.

How's things with everyone else?

Did my strength work this morning and added 20 minutes of cardio at the end of my workout (jump rope and speed skater lunges).  Waiting for the ice to melt so I can start getting in some trail time for cardio work again.

Did my boxing work this morning.  Good workout.  Not great, but good enough.

I'm going to change up my workout tomorrow morning.  Do a bit of legwork, but lighten the load and go for reps over weight.  Then take advantage of the big thaw and run the Pot Point Loop trail on Saturday morning.

Cold weather and cabin fever have me Jonesing for some trail time.

• Like 1

Did some pull-ups, push-ups, and dips for upper body work.  Lunges and box jumps for lower body and did an extended mobility session with some core work.

Took it a bit easy today and I'm ready to hit the trail tomorrow morning.

Just finished a big breakfast.  One of the things I like about a running day is that I can, without even a trace of guilt, load up on carbs.

Feeling good and heading for the trailhead here in about a half-hour.

Have a good weekend with lots of moving around folks.

Edited to add: Did my planned 11.2 miles plus an additional 1.4 miles with some bushwhacking thrown in.  Lost the trail at the rock garden, but fortunately picked up another trail that intersects with the loop I was running.

Some days you go looking for adventure.  Other days the adventure finds you.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 2

I didn't workout today, but I did help a friend move house.  And since this guy buys furniture that is built to last, lot of white oak and walnut, I'm counting that as a workout of sorts.

I'm not sure that an F5 tornado could blow that bed frame away.

Walked 4.2 miles outside instead of snowshoeing I lost 23.5 lbs since Dec 7th only 30lbs more to go....then I will never do an HMR diet again I vow to eat as healthy as I can and monitor my portions and track all my foods when I am done

Lisa

It must be pretty restrictive- those are amazing results!  Good going, Lisa!!!

Edited by PeaceTrain
  • Like 1

After 8 years of running Marathons ... The Sarges have both gone insane committed to an Iron Man in their 50th year of life (year-and-a-half from now). 

2.4 mile swim, followed by 112 mile bike, followed by 26.2 mile run... in that order, no break in between events. 17 hour limit to complete all 3 events. 

3 immediate problems. 

(1) Sarge, himself, downgraded to Half Marathons 2 years ago and hasn't run anything longer than 13.1 miles in those same 2 years. His last Full Monte 26.2 was almost 3 years ago. 

(2) Sarge has no suitable bicycle. 

(3) Mrs. Sarge ... she has to learn to swim ... and is TERRIFIED (but committed).

One longer-term issue: 

Neither of us has kept up a training plan for more than 8 months. We've always trained for a season, run a couple of races, then taken the rest of the year off. There will be no time off for the next year-and-a-half. 

Uh-oh!

Training kicked off yesterday. 4-miler run, moderate pace @ 7:08/mile    

EZPZ

• Like 3

Lost 70 lbs 3 years ago...kept it off for a year and even lost a few more inches.  Then...over the last year and a half....the scale slowly moved up.  I have kept a fairly regular routine at gym (though it slacked somewhat in frequency and intensity) ..but the main problem was...cheat meals and alcohol.  Which is funny because I really wasn't a drinker before and found myself having more and more cocktails....Result was:  35 lbs back on!  UGGHHHHH...Oh the downfalls of living life to it's fullest!  haha!

So.... I've cut out the booze, am really watching my diet -making smarter choices...and amped up my gym time ( since 12/26)  I have lost 10 lbs

25 to go

I am thankful I didn't put it ALL back on before catching it...and extremely grateful I didn't turn to something stupid like smoking!  and!...life is still awesome...I am not suffering or feeling deprived at all...just made a few adjustments...tweaking  :)

Hope you are all well!!

Moving forward and learning my lessons....one day at a time!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, babs609 said:

Lost 70 lbs 3 years ago...kept it off for a year and even lost a few more inches.  Then...over the last year and a half....the scale slowly moved up.  I have kept a fairly regular routine at gym (though it slacked somewhat in frequency and intensity) ..but the main problem was...cheat meals and alcohol.  Which is funny because I really wasn't a drinker before and found myself having more and more cocktails....Result was:  35 lbs back on!  UGGHHHHH...Oh the downfalls of living life to it's fullest!  haha!

So.... I've cut out the booze, am really watching my diet -making smarter choices...and amped up my gym time ( since 12/26)  I have lost 10 lbs

25 to go

I am thankful I didn't put it ALL back on before catching it...and extremely grateful I didn't turn to something stupid like smoking!  and!...life is still awesome...I am not suffering or feeling deprived at all...just made a few adjustments...tweaking  :)

Hope you are all well!!

Moving forward and learning my lessons....one day at a time!

Me too on the wine and snacks....like you I was not a big drinker previously and then I found the wine for hummingbirds (pink moscato) and Henry's Orange well you know with that comes snacks and lack of control...I put 50 of the 80 lbs lost back on....sigh...now my 25th wedding anni is coming up and I wanted to be back down hence the HMR diet...its working and it does and did help me reset my brain in I know when I go into the phase II of the diet, I will focus on a better diet and more portion control as before...also will limit my alcohol intake also as that is one of the problems. I have a time limit over my goal weight as to how long I am going to be on this even if I do not reach my goal weight by March/mid April I will transition then as I feel I will be ready to be focused on my changes by then.

25 down 25 to go

Lisa

• Like 2

Strength work this morning (Power Cleans, Bench Press, Bulgarian Split Squats, Dips, and Farmer's Walks).  Felt good and had some time left so I threw in a couple of sets of suitcase carries and three rounds on the heavy bag.

1 hour ago, babs609 said:

So.... I've cut out the booze, am really watching my diet -making smarter choices...

I've been off the booze for three-weeks now.  I've also cutback on the sugar and make a point to match my carb intake with my activity levels.  I wasn't really focused on leaning out during this phase, but that's what is happening.

As much as I like to point and laugh at the aesthetics guys...if I get six-pack abs I'm gonna be finding reasons to take my shirt off all day.

• Like 3