Daily exercise log for everyone :)

42 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

How does a Farmer walk...does it entail a pair of corduroy pants ,and a dirty waistcoat, chewing on a piece of straw...?????????

Ooooo rrrrrrrr.me duck !!!!

Farmer's walk...a basic move (pick up two heavy things and walk) that produces big results.  Corduroy pants are optional unless your trying to sneak up on someone.

Here's Brian Alsruhe (expert in all things strongman related and king of traps) to explain the details...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Youv,E got some other good walks too Boo...

Nope!  I have no desire to prance around on stage wearing nothing but a spray tan and a banana hammock.

Not that anyone asked, but for the record: I'm not a bodybuilder.  I train for strength and performance.  Bodybuilding is a weird world and frankly it creeps me out.

But hey, to each their own.

• Haha 2

Got my morning strength work in.  And since it's 65 degrees outside right now, seems a perfect time to get in a little trail running.

Make hay while the sun shines (even if it is overcast).

• Like 1

On January 9, 2018 at 6:05 PM, PeaceTrain said:

Another day I couldn't get up in the morning in time to get on the elliptical (sigh).  I'm leaving the office now and will not get any dinner till I put in my 1/2 on that machine!  

Did it last night and hit it again at 7am today for another 30 minutes, 3.22 miles.  Boo's on the case, how 'bout you, Lisa?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boo said:

And since it's 65 degrees outside right now, seems a perfect time to get in a little trail running.

Great idea!  Except when I got to the trailhead, I remembered that I hadn't put my headlamp back in my running pack.  So, it was an abbreviated run at best.

Not to go off on a tangent, but...why don't we just stay on daylight savings time permanently?  Spring forward in March and then leave the clocks alone after that.

17 hours ago, Boo said:

Not to go off on a tangent, but...why don't we just stay on daylight savings time permanently?  Spring forward in March and then leave the clocks alone after that.

I agree!  It’s so dumb. 

3rd day in a row 30 minutes on elliptical. I know it’s not great to do the same thing every day but it’s a great machine and I change the incline and resistance. 

• Like 2

Did the boxing thing this morning.  Had some time left over and felt pretty good so I added 10 minutes of core work (planks, roll outs, and supermans) to the routine.

I talk a lot here about lifting weights and boxing, because that's the cool stuff.  However, an important part of my program that may very well prove as beneficial as anything I'm doing is mobility work.  I do a dynamic warm-up with some priming moves before I start and finish each workout with mobility drills.  For the last few months, I have started doing a mobility move during the rest period between sets on lifting days.  I'm not getting any younger, but I feel like I am.

These drills form the base of my mobility work if anyone is interested in incorporating them into their routine.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PeaceTrain said:

How’s everyone else doing?

Right on schedule.  Got my strength work in this morning.  

Over the weekend, I got in a good boxing workout on Saturday and hiked 8.3 miles on Sunday.

Also raked a lot of leaves over the weekend.  I'm counting that as low intensity exercise.

• Like 1