Daily exercise log for everyone :)

Just did 1.5 kilometer run and some light weight work....the gym was really jammed with people, and I really dislike when all the people just hang out on the goddamn weight machines staring into their phones instead of using weight lifting reps in a cardio-enhancing way by switching around on the machines, and you have to ask them TO PLEASE LET YOU DO A SET. And then they get up and you can easily see that what they really need is a good, swift kick in the butt because the way they look there's no way they should spend their time at the gym draped over equipment with a few pulls on the weights once in a whle when they have mustered the interest in doing it. 

• Like 2

I have been using my treadmill (mostly walking on an incline cause I hate running on it) I am trying to mix running in with it but it is soooo boring it has been too damn cold outside to run or walk or live.......one more week and it looks like it will get warmer or at least above 20 degrees which will be enough for me to run outside. I am down a pound I have lost a total of 5 lbs since I started to become serious again.

• Like 2

today the gym cancelled class so i did some weights and push ups and situps....didnt push myself like I do in class.  Which is why I need it.

But to be honest....my knee needed the rest...it feels a lot better today...and I may be able to run in a few days.

I agree lisa....treadmill running is so boring.  I listen to music and zone out...but it does seem easier to do that when walking on treadmill vs. running for some reason.   I like running outside.

Cardio Wednesday went well. I thought I would have to modify cause of my knee and I was worried I wouldn't get a good workout but I did well. I was sweatin.

Knee is 85 percent better. Just some ice and allieve and all should be good.

All day yesterday my body seemed stunned at the workout I put it through in the morning - frankly, it was probably the hardest I have worked my body in more than a decade (if not forever, ahem). So I wanted to be gentle with it today. I ran 1K and did a 30 min weightlifting session.

My lungs feel bigger. :). 

• Like 2

Leg day class....complete!  I was really tired and wanted to skip it.  But then I remembered reading something somewhere....when you don't feel like it is when you need to go the most.  So I laced up my sneakers and went.  Without thinking.  

I didn't regret it.  I never regret going.  I regret plenty when I don't.

• Like 2

I didn't regret it.  I never regret going.  I regret plenty when I don't.

That's my experience too.

I hauled myself into the gym although I sure as hell didn't feel like it. I ran 1K and did weights. I'm doing new weight routines, and boy do they hit muscles I didn't know I had. 

• Like 1

Yesterday had a training session with my new trainer - good session but still not sure ... Guess I am not sure about a trainer dressed totally in pink !! Will make boxing interesting tomorrow !!

Tonight basketball final .. Lost by 2 and the opposition were #%#%# ( maybe I need to post in the curse threads for the first time !! ) ....but it was a good workout - and the time at the pub after .. Priceless!!

All in - mixed emotions this week but have worked hard !!

• Like 1

Worked the legs yesterday.

Cardio kickboxing done!! We were asked a few weeks ago to wear a different pair of shoes to change into to keep the floor clean. I forgot my sneakers and wore my boots so I had to work out in socks. It was an experience but I did it. Of course they teased me about it and kept calling me barefoot barb. I get harassed everywhere, not just here. Lol

• Like 3