Smoking can Seriously Damage your Health !!!

Doreensfree

I was having a chat with hubby,s carer this morning...

She told me her Mum has cancer of the mouth, which has spread to her jaw bone...This coming week,she will have a operation to remove half of her tongue,and some of her jaw bone ...replacing it from bone from her leg...

I say...please tell me she has quit smoking now....

Not at all she told me ..

I could smell stale smoke on her breath too...

I just found this very sad...they both still believe all the lies surrounded by smoking.....

Very sad 

• Sad 5

I've lost two friends to cancer of the mouth. It's a horrible cancer to have. Both of them had so many procedures done, including removing parts of their tongues,  to try to stop it and both ended up succumbing to it ?

• Sad 4

Awful....she says her bottom lip will be numb ..so will not be able to eat properly... This woman is in her fifties ...

Im with you Jillar horrible ...I'm sorry about your friends ...I am so grateful i have been spared this ....well so far ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 1/18/2019 at 12:05 PM, Doreensfree said:

I just found this very sad...they both still believe all the lies surrounded by smoking.....

Very sad 

I still remember well visiting my grandfather in hospice care.  Seeing a man I loved dearly at the end of the line, succumbing to cancer after years of smoking.  First thing I did when I stepped outside: light up a cigarette.

Addiction is insidious.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

The fear of being without nicotine is greater than the fear of losing body parts or even life for some.  I wonder if the real fear is that they can succeed in quitting smoking.  I sometimes see smokers and want to tell them, "quit - don't be afraid, it won't hurt you."

• Like 4