Sitting here crying wanting so bad to smoke

Mee

Definately don't be ashamed of come close, my trigger point was having to go 14 hours with coffee um..yeah that's kinda a bit pathetic...but don't be ashamed, be fricking proud, rejoice, jump for joy you stared that temptation down, flicked that monkey off ya shoulder and did not smoke... That's what you focus on, not I nearly smoke... Focus on I did not smoke...because that is the Silver lining... You were tested, you were not found wanting, you did not fail.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In case you haven't realised already (and maybe that's why I am late to the post so I can act as a reminder), YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

You're caring, responsible and loving. You're bigger than your problems, because inspite of being questioned innumerable times on your responsibilities, you've grit your teeth and gone on and done your duty. 

I understand parental pressure, considering where I come from, parents definitely play a huge part in our lives and decisions for as long as they can, and I can understand the feeling of learning you've disappointed your parent.

But I totally agree with everyone who's mentioned that for some people, whatever you do is never enough, and that's their problem, not yours Linda.

Please stay strong, be gentle with yourself. You are brilliant, beautiful, caring and that's more than a lot of human beings on this planet are.

You're a star Linda, don't let anything or anyone dim your light.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wantsit said:

How you doing Linda? I've been thinking about you today. I hope you have found some peace after a rough day. Stay strong , and know you're in our thoughts.

You are so sweet to check in.  I am doing fine (except for coming down with another cold). Think I was running myself into the ground and needed some rest.

Will never be able to change the dynamics of my family and realize they are a challenge - just like quitting smoking is a challenge.  As you said, I was on that ledge yesterday.  I know now to step back and protect my quit.  

We may be snowed in tomorrow.  First big blast of the season.  We really have had a mild winter.  

I am so glad you are on this journey with me.  We are going to do this together!

• Like 4

That a girl! We'll get this. Glad you're good. Keeping our toes warm today as well. Stared out at 0 this morning with light snow here in the land of, Oz so can relate to your weather. Have a great weekend and be sure to wear red tomorrow. GO CHIEFS! :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wantsit said:

That a girl! We'll get this. Glad you're good. Keeping our toes warm today as well. Stared out at 0 this morning with light snow here in the land of, Oz so can relate to your weather. Have a great weekend and be sure to wear red tomorrow. GO CHIEFS! :) 

We are having a winter snow storm.  I have my life in my husband's hands taking me to grocery store.  It was "Old Mother Hubbard" at our house.  I am definitely white knuckling it.  

Getting fixings to make big pot of homemade soup. Will wear red for you.  Hopefully it will bring good luck.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey why would you even bother with your mom if she is such a PITA?

Whether it involves coming close to smoking relapse or not, there really isn't any good reason to put up with it.

I imagine the mental health damage done by dealing with your mom is way worse than anything a cigarette could compare to physically.

So you quit the physical part of ruining your health, so why not drop the thing that is ruining your mental health too?

Maybe you are thinking, "But I will feel bad when she is gone". Well, truth is, it can be a relief when a "difficult" relative passes.

In our family, a few of us are looking forward to the day when dad kicks the bucket.

NObody wants to be around someone who is unpleasant.

^^ It's nice in theory to just cut them from your life but there is a multitude of reasons not to.

@Linda Thomas since you first joined our merry band you have taken steps to reduce the impact your parents have on your life. I get why it's so hard to say no and you know what regardless of why you allow your parents to still be in your life I respect that you do because it's a hard choice to make. I don't care if it's a sense of obligation or the fact you are a genuinely caring person (which you are) or if you are living the words "be the person you want others to be" or " do unto others as you would have them do unto you" or even if it's just the little girl inside living in the hopes of a thanks or a well done or a we're proud....or even if it's a mix of all of those... Just because you haven't cut them from you life doesn't mean you can't have whinge or a rant .. you go for it...whatever happens we got ya back babe.

• Like 2