2 Weeks Yesterday!

abbynormal

I guess this post functions both to introduce myself as well as to celebrate being 2 weeks quit. Yesterday was my 2-week anny, and boy was it a doozy. I have had a pretty successful two weeks smober. I haven't really faced many cravings, although the fatigue, brain fog, and depression have been hitting me pretty hard. But last night I faced my first major test. I had to take my best friend, who is terminally ill, to the ER. Her illness is the trigger that caused me to throw away a very long quit, but I'm determined not to repeat that mistake. By the skin of my teeth, I made it through the night without running out for a pack of smokes. And today, as I expected, I'm so glad I didn't light up again! I know deep down that smoking won't lessen the pain of the loss I am facing. As someone told me last night--I would regret picking up smoking again, but I will NEVER regret quitting! I held onto that thought as I rode out the cravings last night.

So I figured it was time for me to speak up in here. I've been lurking a bit but haven't really stepped forward and said hello. Today felt like the right time to do so!

• Like 9

Welcome Abby! 

Congratulations on 2 weeks smober.

I hate to hear about your situation with your best friend.  That is really tough.  But, I'm glad you didn't light back up.  It would have done nothing at all positive for you.  Yes, you will never regret quitting but you will regret lighting back up.

Welcome to QuitTrain.  Enjoy the ride.  There is a lot of support you can get here as well as a lot of distracting games and socializing threads to keep your mind off of smokes.

It is good to have you here.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 7

Congratulations on your decision to quit Two weeks is a great start. Sorry about the situation with your friend. Tough to go through. Welcome aboard and best wishes for you during this stressful time. Stay close to the board. Love your handle, great all-time favorite of mine.

• Like 7

Hi Abby, welcome aboard :) Congratulations on keeping your awesome two week quit while dealing with such a heartbreaking situation. You have already realized that smoking will do nothing to help the situation. I wish peace for you and your friend as you face what's to come. We will be here to lend an ear and offer our support as much as you need....

• Like 6

Welcome to our merry band of quitters, Abby.

Thank you for sharing your quit with us.

I am sorry you are going through a very, very hard time

and really happy you are keeping your quit.

Remember to keep your blood sugar up with juices

and please reward yourself for every crave you beat.

You are on an incredible journey of self discovery.

Congratulations on your first two weeks of freedom.

• Like 5

Hi Abbynormal and welcome aboard! Congrats on the 2 weeks quit! Sorry to hear about your best friend's terminal illness....very tough to deal with for both of you. Stay close to this board and we will help you get through the tough times without losing your quit.....

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Abbey...so happy you decided to join us ....we are a friendly bunch...who want you to succeed....

Truly sorry to hear your friend is very ill....I too lost my lifelong friend recently..... So understand .....

Come here daily....read all you can about this addiction....we have loads of useful information and videos to help you along ....

Take time to find your way around ....

• Like 1