Vaping Sends teen to Rehab

Nancy

Disturbing.

I know three people who vape and, not kidding, these people are loosing their soul ever since they started that sh*t. They treat that device like it's some precious jewel or something. They have become more nervous, less interested in the world around them. I talked to an acupuncturist, he said he's had an significant increase of customers, vapers, with anxiety problems.  I don't really read a lot about this, but my instinct tells me that this is bad. 

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 6

Nicotine poisoning is a very real thing.

Symptoms of nicotine poisoning

Nicotine poisoning tends to occur in 2 stages.

Within the first 15 to 60 minutes following exposure, symptoms are related to the stimulatory effects of nicotine and include:

excess saliva in the mouth

feeling nauseous

stomach ache

vomiting

loss of appetite

dehydration

eye irritation

headache

dizziness

tremors

anxiety and restlessness

confusion

sweating

cough

rapid breathing

increased heart rate

elevated blood pressure

Following this stage, the body begins to wind down. Nicotine's depressor effects appear within a few hours. These include:

low blood pressure

slow heart rate

shallow breathing

diarrhea

fatigue

weakness

pale skin

In extreme cases, symptoms include:

seizures

coma

breathing difficulties

respiratory failure

Serious or fatal nicotine overdoses can occur.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, MLMR said:

Disturbing.

I know three people who vape and, not kidding, these people are loosing their soul ever since they started that sh*t. They treat that device like it's some precious jewel or something. They have become more nervous, less interested in the world around them. I talked to an acupuncturist, he said he's had an significant increase of customers, vapers, with anxiety problems.  I don't really read a lot about this, but my instinct tells me that this is bad. 

It is very disturbing....

The vapers I've seen hold it tight to the chest ,never letting go...like thier life depends on it ...very sad to watch ...at least I put my cigs down ...

I carnt see how this is good for your moral ...

I still say.... We will hear something health wise ...one day...soon...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MLMR said:

Disturbing.

I’ve seen the type.   Unlike a cigarette which eventually burns out so the smoker has a stopping point, a vape can be continuously “puffed” on, is not a fire hazard and can be kept in hand always at the ready.  And since it’s not real smoke, I’d imagine you would have to work it pretty hard to get the equivalent of smoke inhalation

Edit:  I have read that vapes explode, or burst into flames, but that’s pretty rare compared to the hazard of a lit cigarette

• Like 5

It is very disturbing that this vaping is taking such a hold on young people. Nicotine is nicotine no matter how you decide to use it. To kick the habit, I understand the short term use of patch or gum to get over the hump and hard times we all encounter but this is a whole different animal. It sort of reminds me when cigs first had filters. We would think this is not as bad as non-filter. BS as we know now. I hate government regulations but the vaping industry needs to do more to educate the young consumer or action should force them just as it did the cigarette industry. Same old turd, brand new toilet.

• Like 6

I've been hearing commercials much more frequently where "real" people talk about how they made the "switch".  The masses are being led to believe they've quit smoking if they move to vaping.  It's disgusting that a deadly product can be advertised in that manner.

• Like 4

You know I was concidering vaping as a alternative to smoking but I also wanted to be free of the Nicotine. Seems with the Vaping Industry you can't have nicotine free Vape ?  so on goes the adiction.   The people I know that vape keep ketting the stronger and stronger nicotine oils,

When will people see its the same fisherman (Tabaco industry ) they just changed the Hook and bait !

• Like 3