Bit of a wobble

Soozie

I've just had a really strange experience. I had an awful nightmare last night that kept me awake for quite a while afterwards. Hubby phoned me at 8am to say his flight would be delayed, he woke me up, usually I would have got straight up, but because I didn't sleep much last night I decided to go back to sleep. I woke up about half an hour ago feeling terrible. Tired, bad mood, my stomach looks like it's 7 months pregnant,  and to top it all wanting a smoke for the first time in nearly two weeks. 

I've just sat with my coffee feeling miserable, but then I started reading on here. Reading some of the messages sent to me overnight. Reading some of the new threads, in particular the one about Paul's friend :( . Just by chance I posted my own SOS last night, so I've sat and read that, boy did that help !

Half a cup of coffee later, and 20 mins reading I'm feeling much better, the desire to smoke has vanished.

This is the first time I've tried this. Everyone says come on here and read, post an SOS, but when that urge comes on sometimes it's so strong you think to yourself nothing is going to change this mindset, well to all the newbies out there it can work if you let it. I just proved it. 

I'm now going to have another cup of coffee, another read and plan the wonderful day ahead of me  :P

Sue 1 Ciggies 0 that's a win for me !

Sue x

• Like 16

I've just had a really strange experience. I had an awful nightmare last night that kept me awake for quite a while afterwards. Hubby phoned me at 8am to say his flight would be delayed, he woke me up, usually I would have got straight up, but because I didn't sleep much last night I decided to go back to sleep. I woke up about half an hour ago feeling terrible. Tired, bad mood, my stomach looks like it's 7 months pregnant,  and to top it all wanting a smoke for the first time in nearly two weeks. 

I've just sat with my coffee feeling miserable, but then I started reading on here. Reading some of the messages sent to me overnight. Reading some of the new threads, in particular the one about Paul's friend :( . Just by chance I posted my own SOS last night, so I've sat and read that, boy did that help !

Half a cup of coffee later, and 20 mins reading I'm feeling much better, the desire to smoke has vanished.

This is the first time I've tried this. Everyone says come on here and read, post an SOS, but when that urge comes on sometimes it's so strong you think to yourself nothing is going to change this mindset, well to all the newbies out there it can work if you let it. I just proved it. 

I'm now going to have another cup of coffee, another read and plan the wonderful day ahead of me  :P

Sue 1 Ciggies 0 that's a win for me !

Sue x

Yay! Yay! Yay!  So happy for you, Sue!  I just know you have your forever quit...and you are helping so many others along the way...you should be very proud...

• Like 1

This makes me smile Soozie, brilliant!!  These feeling pass, they ALWAYS pass but if you've smoked you have to start again, if you haven't it feels like a massive accomplishment and gives you strength for the journey!  Way to show the addiction whose boss! xx

• Like 1

Hi sweetheart,

When we are tired ,our bodies are weak,we are not as strong.

I'm so proud of how you handled this,a 100% the right way.....

Came here for help.....also wrote your s.o.s.....

When I first came here sooz ,I wrote exactly the same thing,I'm having a wobble.....

Carnt,remember who it was now who replied....

Having a wobble is ok....just make sure you don't fall over.....

I've never forgot those words,it's helped me many a time....

We are always here for you,

Try and catch up with some sleep....

Big hugsb

Doreen

• Like 2

Soozie well done, thats how its done hunny, don't light up, but stop and re-affirm your quit, I come here for inspiration every day, just love you guys.  You've beaten a major crave Soozie no going back your doing great well done xx

Hey Sue - haven't been around the last couple of days - so just read this - but really impressed with how you handled this - and the good news is that each time you face down a trigger you get stronger ! 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

AWESOME!!! 

That happened to me once too.  Early in my quit like 2-3 weeks in, I almost caved, but came and read here and it did truly save me.  I didn't write an SOS - was pretty sure I was doomed to smoke that day, but I didn't.  I read - funny threads, serious threads, celebrations - they all contributed! :)