First big test

Wantsit

Wow!!!....What a bummer...hoping for a OK result....

As its been said ..Smoking won't change anything ....you will be more gutted ,if you gave away your fab quit ...

This is one thing you are in control of ...stay close ...shout out if you need help ...

• Like 3

I feel for you, Wantsit.  I hope things work out for the best but, having been in that situation myself, I know it is stressful.

Please read the link that Sazerac posted by Cristobal (Your Quit and Your Life).  I often went to that thread when things were really stressing me and it helped keep my quit in the right perspective.

I hope all works out for the best but a cigarette will not make any situation better...only worse.

• Like 4

I just want to begin this by saying thank you to all of that are out there supporting us that are liable to stumble. I had the perfect chance and excuse to fail but didn't , and who knows what will happen in the weeks to come but I haven't yet. I feel most of my strength has come from my support and knowledge that I have gotten from a few very good people here. THANK YOU! I have the utmost respect for all of you.

• Like 4

Wansit, you are not going to stumble because you are strong.  No matter what circumstances life throws at us, it will not have to change our quit.  Life has many bumps in the road but we always navigate through them, and I have found that I always come out stronger on the other side.  Hang tough.  Don't let the uncertainty wobble your quit.  Shout out if you need us.

• Like 5

Hi Wantsit.... glad you got through this without giving up your quit. Its a big shock when your stability wobbles. I was 4-5 months in when I found out my employer was closing. I had been there over 16 years... it was hard and for a while I had no job because I didn't look while they closed down so I could help them with the wind up.... but then I found a new job, I don't love it like my old job, yet, but they pay may a lot more than my old employer and I am finding my feet... I don't think it will ever feel like the old job did but it might ... what I learnt though was that I was worth way more than I thought .. lets just say I got over a 50% pay increase.... So financially I am much better off and yes it was scary and stressful and daunting but that old saying when one door closes another opens is true ... and while I still have my training wheels on ... going through that during my first year quit made my quit strong because it helped me to realise I was in control and I could do it despite hurdles.

I am so proud of you for not lighting up during this shock... hope all works out well on the job front.

• Like 7