day 2

christine 12

To be honest, christine,

this is a journey of self-discovery, a boost of self-confidence and learning how to be a smoke free person.

The physical withdrawals can last for months to include the great smoke free fog,

the rest is un learning and understanding the pattern of addiction.

Each receptor in your brain needs to be re-booted.

Give it a year, give it the rest of your life.

It won't be as crazy as it is now, you are in the thick of it

and it gets better with each crave you beat.

Each moment, day, each week, each month, each year brings more and more benefits for you to enjoy.

Hang on to your resolve and educate yourself, read till your eyes bleed.

You are doing the best work on the planet,

putting your addiction to sleep !

Congratulations on you second day of Freedom.

Tomorrow,  a whole lot of nicotine will have left your body and you are growing new cilia in your lungs as we speak.

• Like 7

You can make it as hard or as easy as you choose to do. For me it was hard and took months but for others it was just a matter of they quit smoking and were done. But it does seem that the younger, more active quitters had an easier time of it.

• Like 5

Regarding how long it takes to feel normal again, it varies for everyone. 

Still, life as a smoker is not a normal life.  Our bodies were not created to inhale all of these deadly chemicals.  Try to think of it less as trying to feel normal and realize that you are in the process of healing yourself from the damage of smoking.

Don't light up again and things will get better with time.

I'm glad you are quitting again.

• Like 5

Congratulations on day 2 christine.  That's a big deal. 

I would like to suggest that you don't focus so much on when you'll feel "normal" again, but that would make me a hypocrite.  I used to ask a friend at work every day when I would stop feeling so obsessed and deprived.  He kept giving me vague answers such as "It doesn't just happen overnight.  It will just evolve into better days".  I'd storm off, bemoaning the fact that he didn't give me a specific date.

But he was right.  It just takes time.  And there's no point in fixating on the magical date.  Focus more on the good you're doing for your body, mind, wallet, friends and family, etc.

P.S.  If you must have a target date, shoot for day 3 and get back to me tomorrow. ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As said above Christine this is a journey and you must take it one day at time, do not look beyond today -- keep that focus and you can get thru this.  As to normal, do not look at that, look at as each day an improvement over your days as a smoker!!!!

• Like 5

Can only agree with all the above posts....

It doesn't really matter how long....its just about getting there....our brains can sometimes be our worst enemies...

Your a non smoker now...it's all about staying that way....this is done by taking it one day at a time....feel proud ....

• Like 3

Christine, it depends on what you think normal is.  Life is full of abnormal days.  Even finally succeeding in the quit, I don't feel normal.  I do feel, now that I can trudge through my abnormal life and not have to rely on smoking.  I am 5 mos. quit and I do still crave but I feel more in control and really empowered to see my quit through.

You are in the tough week.  I promise you will feel better as time goes on.

• Like 4