Nearly 4 days in

tocevoD

Going well. That is all.

Haven't been posting much or using the daily nope pledge. I'm trying not to think about it as much this time. I became a bit too reliant on this place last time, beating myself up for missing nopes and stuff like that.

I'll just keep popping in randomly over the coming months to let you know how I'm getting on. I pop in every now and again to watch videos posted by others aswell. They are most helpful as is reading some of the testimonies on here.

• Like 7

Congratulations on your quit !

I am so glad you avail yourself to the plethora of information here,

please continue your education about our addiction and

thanks for keeping us updated.  We worry, you know.

• Like 1

3 runs completed this last week.

A 2 and a half miler on Tuesday and Wednesday and a 6 miler last night (Saturday). 

The key for me is to keep exercising. I feel the benefits and it helps with my quit. Entering runs in the local area with the money being saved from not smoking.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, tocevoD said:

3 runs completed this last week.

A 2 and a half miler on Tuesday and Wednesday and a 6 miler last night (Saturday). 

The key for me is to keep exercising. I feel the benefits and it helps with my quit. Entering runs in the local area with the money being saved from not smoking.

That's how i succeeded with this quit. "The key for me is to keep exercising" 2 things happened, i got back into great shape and i became an ex smoker. I replaced the cigg with exercise, when that carving came " move a muscle, change a thought"...

• Like 5

Absolutely made up with how my quit is moving along. Doing dry January, doing plenty of exercise and watching plenty of films and a little reading. All helping. Every time I get a small urge, because that's all they've been so far, I weigh that one little urge in time up against the time smoking has not even entered my mind and I feel empowered.

Onwards and upwards people. 

Screenshot_20190113-234347.png

• Like 5

Great job!  I found great joy & relief in small victories. 1 hour to one day to one week. And ten dollars saved to twenty, thirty...thousands! 

Find your motivation for KTQ & cling to it as if your life depends on it...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Over a month now and feeling absolutely super. Done a timed 5k today around the local racecourse. Went and had a bit of food straight after then an hour later did another 2 and a half miles. Stuff like this I would never have been able to do if still addicted to the demon nicotine.

I'm starting to look at smokers in a different way aswell. It's a way I've never looked at them in the past when I quit smoking. I used to envy them and hate seeing people smoking because I always wanted to be smoking again. This quit I am now seeing them in a different way. I'm pitying the way they are addicted to nicotine. Pitying the fact they spend so much money. Pitying that they just have to smoke to get the hitnif nicotine. Also looking at vapours in the same way. I see it all now as more an addiction to nicotine than enjoying smoking and that makes this different to me.

• Like 5

It sounds like you are understanding nicotine addiction, tocevoD.

This is a great tool in your arsenal and a watershed moment.

To pity and have compassion for nicotine addicts is an important transition from being envious about smoking like you are missing something.

All you are missing is a likely painful life and death and slavery to big tobacco.

Now, you are running with renewed life and vitality.   How grand !

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Been a good few months for me. Been running very regularly. My latest competitive run was a 10k which I completed in 58mins 08secs. I am still at an early stage in my running but I can feel the benefits of not smoking which is a great thing for me personally. Hoping that the fitter I get the more time I can shave off. When I go out for a drink I am still struggling with the demon ciggies but when not drinking I don't have any thought or need of smoking. It's a strange situation for me, but one I totally accept. Drinking brings my defences down. I hardly go out for a drink now so that's a bonus.

As I say the benefits I am feeling from not smoking are amazing so I just need to keep on doing what I am doing.

• Like 9

You are doing awesome tocevoD.   I think the challenge to run has really powered your quit.  You may always have that little nudge to smoke when drinking but now you have the power to control.  It is probably best to avoid those situations in your early stages of being quit.  Keep that quit going and run on!!!!!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tocevoD said:

Been a good few months for me. Been running very regularly. My latest competitive run was a 10k which I completed in 58mins 08secs. I am still at an early stage in my running but I can feel the benefits of not smoking which is a great thing for me personally. Hoping that the fitter I get the more time I can shave off.

Good job TocevoD.

I'm no expert when it comes to running times, pacing, etc.  I've accepted the fact that I will never be mistaken for a fast runner and just enjoy my time running around in the woods.  That being said, completing a 10k in under an hour looks very respectable to me.

Congratulations on your newfound freedom.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Boo said:

Good job TocevoD.

I'm no expert when it comes to running times, pacing, etc.  I've accepted the fact that I will never be mistaken for a fast runner and just enjoy my time running around in the woods.  That being said, completing a 10k in under an hour looks very respectable to me.

Congratulations on your newfound freedom.

I'm same as you mate. I just enjoy the runs but I've always timed and set myself targets. One target was to do a lap of the local park in under 20mins. Been trying for years, it's 2.3miles around. I finally did it the other day. Done the full lap in 19mins 40secs. With these little achievements coming thick and fast it is a great spur to stay quit. My lungs are clearing and times are falling. 

• Like 3