Thanks from the Laird of Dunans

El Bandito

Somehow or other - April 27th brought 4 threads celebrating my three months and my birthday.

Thank you all very much :wub:

Best present of the year was my title. Yes - I am now officially a Laird. That is to say a Scottish Land owner. I believe that I now own a whole square foot of Argyll. The Aristocracy at last!

In return - the owner of the rest of the estate gets to ask me for money for refurbishment, conservation, restocking the wine cellar and indeed anything else that he needs. I, of course have the right to politely refuse.  :angry:

I have given this much thought, and have decided that you need not address me by title, or bow, or curtsey...(well not too often anyway :rolleyes: )

I have been around a little less over the last few days. This is for a variety of reasons.

1. I have been doing some reading - and looking at my personal productivity - I need to manage my time carefully.

2. The sun has been out and the golf course open  ;)

3. La Bandita said something that shook me the other day;

"Smoking? Never think about it unless YOU mention it"

I think about smoking EVERY DAY.

La Bandita quit a few days after me - and was therefore quit 3 months on May 1.

While I was spending lots of time on places like here, La B was simply moving on.

For all of the above - I am rationing my time here a little more. 

I will still be around every day - and will chip in from time to time - but if you don't hear from me - don't worry, I'm just off enjoying the new energy gifted to me by quitting smoking.  B)

• Like 15

This is completely understandable ... we all have to approach the quit process in our own way ... I still need to be here as much as my time allows, but of course once I become more confident like you I would expect to be here less and less, but would still like to think that eventually I will be able to help newbies, as you have done ... some of the advice I have been given is that in the early days be here as often as possible and read, read, read, which is what I have been doing.

I suppose it's a bit like when our children grow up and leave the nest ... we hope they are educated well enough to deal with the outside world ... lol 

Sue x

• Like 4

EB … I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for sale if you're interested. It comes with a title and all.  :P

Seriously though. Congrats on your new smoke free life.  :)

Remember:  Chin Up. Kilt Down.  :D

• Like 7

Your Lairdness, I would get that put after your name on envelopes and such lol.    Enjoy all the new energy and POP in often  :D xx.  Congrats to both you and her Lairdyness too may you both enjoy lots of lovely sunshiny smoke free time. 

• Like 6

Well Sir, you are the number one poster here, so I know you spend a lot of your time here!!

But me being selfish, I hope you remain active here... it is not necessarily posting here that makes you think of cigarettes - I'm sure many people here can attest to that!

You have been such an inspiration to so many!

But of course I do understand what you are saying :p

• Like 3

You are so much fun to have here!!!

I understand too that you need a little break.  I have found that I myself need to take little breaks, some forced by me because I can spend a little too much time here, some because I do have a life away from the screen on occasion.  :)  The funny part is that I always manage to come back for more.  

Congrats to you and Mrs. B and come and see us soon and often!!!!

• Like 4

Hey Bandit,

You have a great talent, to make people laugh.  Thank you for sharing that with us.  I enjoyed reading your posts and I am very happy or you and your wife. You have helped many.  Take Care.

Lynn