Health and Fitness Resolutions

Boo

Well, it's that time of the year again.  The current year is winding down.  A new year is right around the corner.  And I'm splitting my time between thinking New Year's resolutions are a waste of time while simultaneously making New Year's resolutions.  I'm either a complicated individual or a schizophrenic...you be the judge.

My first resolution for 2019 is kind of an anti-resolution.  I'm not starting a new program in January.  In fact, I'm not going to do any program for a while.  I'm going to go with a more intuitive approach to my workouts.  I've been working out consistently for long enough now that I feel I should just know what I need to do on a given day.

I am going to run a lot more this year.  I hit the trails a couple of times over the last few weeks and remembered why I fell in love with trail running.  A busy schedule led to me putting running on the back-burner.  I'm looking to put in some mileage in 2019.

I am going to stop looking for the best new thing in 2019.  All the newest fitness trends and hottest programs, I'm tuning out all that noise from now on.  Regardless of how many new trends come down the pipeline, we always revert back to the basics.  They are the "basics" because they work today just as well as they did fifty years ago.  The basics don't pop and sizzle like the latest trend they just produce results.  And results are more important than hype.

And I am going to stay consistent with my nutrition and sleep this year.  Seriously!  I mean it this time....stop laughing.

• Like 4

I am going to eat a lot better than I do. I eat three healthy meals a day but in-between I eat a mountain of crap. I'm also terrible for eating a wonderful dinner and then late in the evening getting a take out. 

I don't really need to lose weight but I do need to start making the bits of my body you can't see healthier ie my heart and circulation etc. 

So maybe I will just do walking, skipping and about 20 minutes of a fitness DVD. 

I have NEVER exercised in my life so I have no choice but to take things slowly. Will do some You Tube searching to find ways to start this of. 

• Like 3

Well, I have gained 13 pounds since I quit smoking.  It has gone right to the belly (a place it never seemed to collect before).  I was already somewhat overweight when I started quitting.

So....my husband and I have joined planet fitness.  Now I just need the energy to drag my rear end there.  I have been extremely tired over the past year.  I am thinking it is all the emotional junk I have been dealing with my family.  I am going to address that with my physician.

My husband and I went out with our neighbors last night.  We stopped at Planet Fitness on our way home.  I tried the water wave massage chair and will admit it was a rather unique experience.  Don't know whether I am just a dirty minded old lady or whether that is the experience you are suppose to get.  Needless to say, I got to laughing so hard, I wet my pants.

Promised myself that the chair was going to be my reward every time I work out!?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

My husband and I went out with our neighbors last night.  We stopped at Planet Fitness on our way home.  I tried the water wave massage chair and will admit it was a rather unique experience.  Don't know whether I am just a dirty minded old lady or whether that is the experience you are suppose to get.  Needless to say, I got to laughing so hard, I wet my pants.

Promised myself that the chair was going to be my reward every time I work out!?

Wow !!!....that does sound fun Linda ...can you imagine the two of us ...I reckon we would get arrested ...

Of course you and I are not dirty minded ...whahaha.....

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a  new year's resolution on purpose, but tonight is my first night without a drink. I'm going to not drink during the work week.

I'm not happy with how my mid-section looks. A 5 pound tire. For all my good eating habits, exercise, pilates, plenty of sleep - I'm convinced that the daily wine is the culprit.

So far, OK. Though it's only 6:24 pm.  :)  I'm looking forward to dinner and then curling up and listening to my iPod until I fall asleep  ?

• Like 4