Just put out last smoke

Kitano

Great decision to quit while you are still young and your body can rehabilitate itself from the damage smoking does. Dig in and remain steadfast in your resolve to quit and stay quit. Arm yourself with as much knowledge about nicotine addiction as you can - plenty of stuff here to help you in that regard. Read old posts and the pinned stuff at the top of the Quit Smoking discussion page. There's even a games page here to help keep you distracted when those cravings come calling. Stay close to this site because there's lots of other quitters just like you that can help you along.

• Like 6

Welcome Kitano.  Congratulations on deciding to quit smoking.  Quitting is a truly great thing to do and will benefit you in so many ways.

Education about nicotine addiction and support from fellow quitters can really help you quit for good.  You can find both here so stick close to this website.

It is great to have you here.

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Kitano, glad that you haven taken the leap of faith and decided to quit -- stick with it and the rewards will come 10 fold.  Come here often for education and some fun.  Like I have said to others before --- drink plenty of cold water, learn deep breathing techniques and it does not hurt to pledge NOPE daily, it really can help!!!!

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum Kitano.  Glad you lurked and decided to join. 

Good job quitting before the 1st of the year.  Most would have used it as an excuse to smoke a few more days.

This is a wonderful place for information and support.  I had many failed attempts at quitting until I found this forum. 

Keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.   We are here to help you on this journey.   

• Like 5

Welcome  Kitano! There are great people here to share their experiences and wisdom with you. Listen and take note of all the help available to you. I'm glad to see you doing this at such an early age. 40 years here and I do wish I would have done it 26 years ago! Go for it and stay with it.

• Like 4

That's fantastic Kit!! Good to hear you are on track with your quit. 

Give yourself a pat on the back for getting through that 1st day :)

giphy.gif

We are behind you 100%!

Give yourself a little treat of some sort if you can before calling it a day.

You deserve it and rewards are important while you go through the quit process :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Welcome aboard Kitano and congratulations on your decision and making it through the first day. As said before, lots of good folks and support here so stay close. Your still young and able to heal from the years of smoking. Put it behind you. A struggle for a while perhaps but it will well be worth it. Best wishes.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard the train Kitano, what a nice time to begin your quit, a new year. 

Knowledge will be your foremost weapon, read up on all the articles available here, do your own research (I did) and focus on getting through this one crave, one day at a time.

All the best on your quit, and if you feel like you're gonna smoke, post an SOS, someone will always be here to help ride out the crave.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...