Hello from Maine

Jack9211

5 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Just Bushmills on a rock for me, Jack, if you would be so kind.

Congratulations on your quit(s)

and please believe us when we say, It Gets Better ! 

It really does get better.

sure thing....tomorrow i a work day...c'mon up to the bar !!

4 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

Wow @Sazerac I just Googled that.  Pretty pricey stuff.  I am not a drinker - one time in my life I drank 3 long island ice teas.  Never drank again.

Jack you are doing great.  Keep rocking that quit!

we have a 3 drink limit on long islands....hahaha

3 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I'll try one of those Red Death shots please!

tenor.gif?itemid=11479022

they taste great....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

as i look to my left hand to grab the cigs and lighter, i realize there is nothing there. there is a very slight feeling of panic......that passes quickly. a week ago i panicked if i had less than 3 packs at bed time. it's a crazy journey i'm on. the urge passes more quickly every day. it's actually funny to look and see nothing there. you folks on this forum seem to know what is needed.....tonight i needed the funny posts......you helped me through another night and i appreciate it. i wish you all could come to the bar when i'm working.....first one is on me !!! thanks to all of you for caring about another persons well being.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jack9211 said:

wish you all could come to the bar when i'm working.....first one is on me !!! thanks to all of you for caring about another persons well being.

Maine was one of my favorite places to visit.  We went to Bar Harbor.  I also wanted to quit so my husband and I could enjoy our retirement years.  Maybe we will take an RV trip back to Maine and meet smoke free Jack. 

Jack, you are doing so great on your quit.    The first week is the toughest, now all you have to do is redirect your brain when you get those craves.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Maine was one of my favorite places to visit.  We went to Bar Harbor.  I also wanted to quit so my husband and I could enjoy our retirement years.  Maybe we will take an RV trip back to Maine and meet smoke free Jack. 

Jack, you are doing so great on your quit.    The first week is the toughest, now all you have to do is redirect your brain when you get those craves.    

do it....i am on the other side of the state though......western mountains....16 miles from canada

• Like 1

Keep up the great work Jack :) Those automatic thoughts and motions related to your smoking will fade over time so no worries there. The main thing is, you don't act on those thoughts. That's the quitting process. Be patient and slowly it will happen for you as it has for all of us here.

Are you doing a lot of cross border shopping these days? With the currency exchange rate, it would be pretty tempting I would think.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jack9211 said:

do it....i am on the other side of the state though......western mountains....16 miles from canada

Well I am sure the other side is just as pretty.  It must be pretty special for you to retire there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack9211 said:

as i look to my left hand to grab the cigs and lighter, i realize there is nothing there. there is a very slight feeling of panic......that passes quickly. a week ago i panicked if i had less than 3 packs at bed time. it's a crazy journey i'm on. the urge passes more quickly every day. it's actually funny to look and see nothing there. you folks on this forum seem to know what is needed.....tonight i needed the funny posts......you helped me through another night and i appreciate it. i wish you all could come to the bar when i'm working.....first one is on me !!! thanks to all of you for caring about another persons well being.

You will have a bunch of body memories about smoking.  I know I did.

Smoking changed our DNA.

Also,  seasonal triggers may come up, it is just the process of cleaning up and re-wiring the brain receptors.

Have patience with yourself, you are doing phenomenal work. Your body is doing phenomenal repairs.

Glad you were able to have some chuckles, Jack.

The thing about this place,  is that we all know what you are going through.

We all had to embrace the suck and power through just like you are doing.

There isn't one person here that regrets quitting smoking, not one.

So, stay focused and reward yourself, you quit smoking ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Keep up the great work Jack :) Those automatic thoughts and motions related to your smoking will fade over time so no worries there. The main thing is, you don't act on those thoughts. That's the quitting process. Be patient and slowly it will happen for you as it has for all of us here.

Are you doing a lot of cross border shopping these days? With the currency exchange rate, it would be pretty tempting I would think.

not doing alot of cross border shopping....however the duty free store is pretty handy.....

• Like 4

Congrats on getting through hell week Jack! That's the hardest week done and dusted now. You have been gathering knowledge and tools all week that will help you continue to navigate your way through the days ahead. Remember; one day at a time is how it's done Jack :) 

lno61ew.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sazerac said:

How are you doing Jack ?

doing fine....thank you. been busy as all get out. snowing.....always brings a crowd to town. out population is around 850 residents.....but snowmobile season bring 3 times that many.....hahaha

• Like 5