See You Next Year

Boo

With my holiday break from work set to begin tomorrow afternoon, I am going to be flying under the radar for a couple of weeks.  I'll be getting together with the family at Christmas, traditional stuff.  However, I like to use this time of the year to go off the grid for a bit.  Spend a lot of time in the mountains...hiking, camping, fly fishing, climbing.  Good times.  

I'm also taking a break from technology.  The whole unplug to recharge thing.  My girlfriend has convinced me that it is not feasible in this day-and-age to bury my cellphone in the backyard for the next couple of weeks.  However, I will be spending a very limited amount of time using computers, phones, and all the other technologies that keep us so preoccupied.

That means I won't be around here much for the next couple of weeks (hold your applause for the sake of my feelings please).

Before I head out to points unknown, I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Here's hoping Santa brings you the loot you desire and the New Year does right by you.

2018 has been a good ride here on the Train.  I will see y'all in 2019.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes.  Hope you all had a good Christmas.

I had a good Christmas.  Kind of quite and low key, which I don't mind at all anymore.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:04 PM, Boo said:

However, I like to use this time of the year to go off the grid for a bit.  Spend a lot of time in the mountains...hiking, camping, fly fishing, climbing.  Good times.  

That's not working out the way I had hoped.  Heavy rains with much more rain predicted to fall over the next few days means flooded creeks, falling trees, and landslides in the mountains.  Back in my younger days, I scoffed at people who stayed away from the mountains due to conditions like this.  Then I spent a night trapped on a high point in the Cohutta Wilderness due to all the trails being impassable.  That was when I realized it's a thin-line between brave and stupid.

Mother Nature has made it abundantly clear over the years that she doesn't give a tinker's damn about my vacation plans.

• Sad 4

Oh and boo... send the frickin rain to melbourne... like now.... like before 10am tomorrow (our time not yours, and that's Melbourne Australia not Melbourne Florida)... and make it rain all frickin day, heavy, its the only thing that will save the 3rd test... a complete wash out, just like the Aussie batting order.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

More time spent with Cash ...in the warm ...and cuddles...sounds right to me ...

Cash is easy to shop for during the holidays.  He likes wrapping paper and empty boxes.  He would get the paper in his mouth and shake it around for a bit.  Then, for a change of pace, he would push empty boxes around with his head.

He has simple tastes and is easily amused.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1