English... its all the same language... or is it.

notsmokinjo

1 minute ago, Doreensfree said:

Pissed...!!!!.. Drunk !!!!...but it is my Birthday..!!!!!

Go you, birthday girl.

40 minutes ago, Cbdave said:

Gday

Spuds.... or Tatters

^^ exactly wot he said

17...?? UM ???... I think its pickled pork... but don't look like something we really do.....

18... tinnie

10461-1.png

19.... stubby

901791.jpg<  just for Chris :D usually round 375ml... so same as a tinnie but in a bottle

20.... long neck ... think 750ml

1516576465887Victoria_Bitter_750ml-350-9maxresdefault.jpg

21....A Stubby Holder....

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

For the non-Aussies.... xxxx is pronounced Four Ex...... Victorians call our beer Melbourne, Victorian and Carlton cos we want to make sure the rest of them Aussies know the liquid gold they drink comes from the greatest state in the land.... LOL..... all right... C will understand that this one divides our nation.... civil wars have been started over less.....

22. Potato Cakes.... these (you NSW numbnuts) are not scallops, and they are not potato scallops... the are frickin potato cakes ...

blog-13-900x479.jpg

23. Scalloped Potatos....

scalloped-potatoes-recipe.jpg

Edited by notsmokinjo

Beer is serious business here @WeegieWoman so in case you or any of the others make ya way down here this is an ordering guide for you:

What do you call different size beer glasses....

24... in order.... glass, pot, schooner, pint, jug... but we don't really do Schooners in Melbourne... we are pots and pints but usually pots or jugs.

Aussie-Beer-Glasses.jpg

but cos if you mob up North come here for ya hols you may not come to Victoria... here are the translations for the other states:

image.png.e5e3e88e80b503c5baa790a16906bdd4.png

• Like 1

I think but don't quote me in this but we go as far as a pint, and a half pint (we call the half pint simply a half). Why tf so many different measures of beer lol oh there's the big jug type they get in the German bars here I don't know the name though...do we say pitcher. We say pitcher for the jugs of cocktails.

German one... is that a stein?

I dunno why so many sizes... probably cos if you were poppin in the pub for mornin tea or lunch at work and ya just wanted to wet ya whistle and not have a real drink you'd get a glass... but a pots a nice size to drink and top up from the jug if ya drinkin in shouts.... the little ones probs go back to the depression... ya wanted a beer but ya couldn't afford a big one... I reakon also cos we like our beer icy cold... if ya go for the big ones and ya wanna sit on it a bit it might warm up before ya drink it.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:50 PM, WeegieWoman said:

4 pants 

4 picture - 

SD_02_T81_6355L_Y0_X_EC_0.jpg

Those are panties.

These are "drawers."

And not to be confused with a flip flop, this is a proper thong...

Edited by Boo
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Boo said:

Those are panties.

These are "drawers."

image.png.ff05f534b0450c9d60fffc938742ce94.png

And not to be confused with a flip flop, this is a proper thong...

image.png.7431b08ecdb3320cd890b191ecc9f1fe.png

Draws = Granny knickers or Bog Catchers or Bombay Bloomers

Not to be confused with the best footware on earth, thongs, that me mate is a G-string. :D

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1