Saturday Poll: Toilet Paper... over or under?

notsmokinjo

Should the toilet paper sit over the roll or under the roll?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should the toilet paper be over the roll or under the roll?

• Over
    • Under

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/18 at 02:05 PM

So .... this is a big issue in our house... with 4 people, 1 who doesn't give a brass razoo as long as there is dunny paper... one who is adamant the paper should go over the roll and 2 who believe in having it go under..... so the one who doesn't really give a sh1t tends to side with the odd man out... well woman... on gender lines... its not really import, such a first world dilema but should the toilet paper go over or under (and would you change the way the roll goes in someone elses house if they had it "wrong").

So vote how you want but I would love to hear why you think the way you do... and just thing... you may change the mind of those like me who really don't care.

In case you are thinking... what the hell is the crazy woman on about now:

1*gnyyZKBDq0DU0OdOWTEBrA.png

Are you kidding me? There's NO Over - LOL!

Or, is that an Ozzie thing like water swirling down a drain the wrong way :15_yum:

Oh and .... I keep the seat down in our house because I'm a gentlemen. I just piss all over the seat!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 5

It was never an issue growing up.... as long as you put the empty roll in the recycle the direction of the paper was a non-event... so it didn't worry me when the ex insisted it go under... thought he was odd but meh no skin off my nose but the kid is like militant that is must be over because it looks better and tears easier... don't see a difference meself.

Definitely over. Bird is right, it tears much easier and looks better. Especially if you do one of those fancy triangles on the end after you clean the bathroom. AND since my cat prefers unwinding the kitchen paper towels instead of toilet paper, I don't have to worry about putting it under because that would irritate the fvck out of me lol

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Oh it may just be a chick thing.... and a cat thing... cats would defo prefer to play with it over and not under... our cats don't play with the dunny paper... our old cat Ninja used to like to bath in the dunny and Ralf likes to knock the spare rolls off the window sill into the dunny so he can sit there which is annoying as.

• Haha 4

We had to start putting our paper towels under because of the cat and she gets so mad when she can't unwind them. It's a crack up hearing the roll spin round and round by her, even if a few of them end up as casualties of her nails lol.

• Haha 2

G’day

My uncle lived in a house with his wife and 4 daughters. 

Massive toilet paper use and more often than not a higher than average sewer blockages.... 

His practical advise to me was to give Ever full roll a slight squash. 

Place the roll on a hard surface, gently with the the heel of the hand on the roll apply pressure till the carboard tube in the middle gets a more oval shape.

Slows up the rotation and of course slows the consumption. 

He still left the seat in the up position every now and then, I think it was to remind the girls he still lived there.....

Chris

• Haha 7

I agree....what a great idea....

The amount of rolls we go through for two people is ridiculous...... But ...Ted has alot to do with this .....

Ok....I'm a over kind of girl....bugs me when I see it the other way....its the little things that are important....

Living with someone with Alzheimer's.... It looks like a stick of dynamite has been thrown in the bathroom....lol....

So how long I will care ...is the question....

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Over, over, over.  If it is under it can just unroll to the floor!  My mother is OCD.  You have to fold hers to a point when you are done using it.

Oh !!!...crickey ..I would have to live in there the amount of times he's in the loo ,if i had to do this .!!!

I could do with one of these ...but is it under or over I carnt tell....lol...

epic-giant-roll-of-toilet-paper-300x204.jpg

• Haha 7

On 12/8/2018 at 9:08 AM, notsmokinjo said:

OMG I'm stealing that one for sure.. although in our house its the 20yo who has toilet paper consumption issues... he uses a whole role every shit... I am forever unblockin the dunny.

I know your pain Jo.... same here when my Son visits!!! blocks it every time.

He seems to use half the roll to  line the toilet even before he starts!!!! his reason...... so it has a quiet landing!!

and the the rest of the roll to wipe.............

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1