Update thoughts

Parsley

Hello. Just an update. I am doing really well enjoying the approaching holidays as a non-smoker there are so many benefits that I lose count of all the good things about not smoking. I come here every day and read sometimes a little sometimes a lot. And there are so many that I say that's me! Or sometimes I say hey that used to be me!

Like everyone else I have good days and bad days but I continually have more better days than bad days. Sometimes I forget to reward myself and when I do it feels really great! I wish I was better at commenting, because the comments of so many of you have gotten me through some tough spots.

I know sometimes people disappear and we wonder what happened to them and you all have been so good to me I just wanted to stop in and let you know I'm doing well actually I'm doing great! Thank you for all you do

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I am so happy to hear from you, Parsley.

All your comments are very appreciated.

It is great that you are having more better days than rugged ones.

The good days will get longer and better.

To be honest, the first year can be full of surprise triggers.

Some are seasonal, some are just the remnants of your brain receptors that didn't get the memo yet,

YOU QUIT SMOKING !

Please continue building your beautiful quit and do reward yourself.

Thanks for checking in, we do worry and wonder.

Hope you have wonderful holidays, Parsley.

S

• Like 1

Parsley, so glad you are doing so well.  We understand you are enjoying life as a non smoker!  Keep checking in and keeping us up on you journey.  It helps us to know that lives can be changed.

Linda

• Like 3

Thanks for sticking around Parsley and letting us know you're doing well. That IS important to us here because I think we tend to take on other people's quits like they are our own and you're right, it is a little concerning when people just disappear and we don't know if they are OK or not. I know most just move on with life but still, we wonder.

And please don't feel your comments are inadequate or not important for others to hear. I think we all feel that way and we don't realize that the simple words any of us may have to offer on any given day might just register with someone we don't even know who is thinking about quitting or trying to quit. Every single contribution here could be a live-savor to someone :) 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 4

Thanks so much for your words Parsley.  Your quit seems to going good now.  Never be afraid to add your comments.  Your simple but effective way of documenting your quit can and will help so many people, they will see that though there are difficult times you can quit this habit and reap many rewards !!!!

• Like 5

Great to see your traveling so well. Never think sharing your story or offering your opinion is not important because often it is the simple little things you say that are the spark that lights someone else's fire to quit... or it is the comment that changes someones life...

• Like 5