Relapse help

Sparky

Nobody can help you but you. 

When you want to quit, you will quit. 

When you don't want to quit, you will continue to fart around. 

Only you can choose one way or the other. 

Don't look to us. 

We can't do it for you. 

ezpz

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparky said:

Tomorrow at 8 pm. (I know some disagree with picking a specific date/time)

You're doing this the right way; picking a date the following day.  Some pick a date after the holidays, after this or that and it's just not necessary.  It's like telling a {pick your drug} addict to keep on using until they're more comfortable to stop using.  Either way, today is the day.  BTW, I had my last cigarette at 7pm the day I quit.  :)

You should start a blog today to chronicle your quit.  Use it as a journal of sorts because it's another way of keeping yourself accountable to stay nicotine free.  The other way of course is one that you've already done; telling the world that you're quitting this evening at 8pm.  Trust me, we'll be watching.  ?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sparky said:

Tomorrow at 8 pm. (I know some disagree with picking a specific date/time)

Do you mean tonight ?  or are you already into your quit ?

Quitting smoking is the very best thing you can ever do for yourself

and

YOU CAN DO IT !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

I'm done. Lighter drowned, butts outside in the trash on the curb.

Hello Sparky,

This is great news !!!

Start this quit right, be sure to watch Joel Spitzer´s video below about relapse prevention, then do click on this link https://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_Index_04_Relapse.html  This is the link he talks about in his video that will take you to many articles and videos that are about relapse prevention.

Education is key to getting a stickey quit !!!

Cristóbal

Edited by Cristóbal
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sazerac said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing your NOPE, Sparky !

Reward yourself for every crave you beat,

rewards are very important, they will retrain your brain receptors.  

Dig this,

The Significance of Rewards

Thanks for the link, I needed that today!  While driving around doing errands today, I was getting antsy, and then feeling depressed and down. Still do a bit. This feeling that I'm denying myself some sense of pleasure.

• Like 1

That feeling is pretty standard Sparky yet I know it's hard to shake. Try to focus on the big picture though .... improved health - improved wealth and freedom from enslavement to nicotine addiction! Those are all huge benefits. It's even harder during the holiday season because we all want to "feel good" and smoking was part of our feel good process when we smoked. Truth is, not smoking can make us feel a lot better about things. No more running outside for a smoke in the cold and missing time with family & friends or worrying about if we have enough smokes to tide us over while the stores are closed at Christmas :) 

Giving the finger to smoking during the holidays can feel REAL GOOD!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Sparky, great that you stopped smoking.  You mentioned you felt like you were denying yourself some sense of pleasure -- look at that thought as rubbish.  You are giving yourself more pleasure as the benefits of not smoking will begin to add up -- you are giving yourself a new sense of freedom, enjoy it!!!!

• Like 4