Alaskan earthquake

Sazerac

I'm okay!  Thank you for thinking of me, so kind of you!  Yes, I'm in Anchorage, I've been here 28 years and that was right up there in the top 3 of NOT fun quakes.  Fortunately, there has been no loss of life.  The main damage found so far is to our roads and bridges.  Kudos to strict building codes and compliant engineers and building contractors.

Here's the crazy thing...  I just sold my house, signed the final paperwork on Tuesday, the money hit the bank on Wednesday and the new owner moved in yesterday.  Poor lady, I hope it didn't sustain any damage.  I fly out of here next week.  What a stellar send off!

I'm good.  A little rattled, ha, but ok.  I can live without these aftershocks, geez!!!! ??

Edited by Runfree
  • Like 10

On 12/1/2018 at 1:00 AM, Runfree said:

I'm okay!  Thank you for thinking of me, so kind of you!  Yes, I'm in Anchorage, I've been here 28 years and that was right up there in the top 3 of NOT fun quakes.  Fortunately, there has been no loss of life.  The main damage found so far is to our roads and bridges.  Kudos to strict building codes and compliant engineers and building contractors.

Here's the crazy thing...  I just sold my house, signed the final paperwork on Tuesday, the money hit the bank on Wednesday and the new owner moved in yesterday.  Poor lady, I hope it didn't sustain any damage.  I fly out of here next week.  What a stellar send off!

I'm good.  A little rattled, ha, but ok.  I can live without these aftershocks, geez!!!! ??

Oh! I'm so relieved you are safe.  Where are you going to settle? Stop in and catch us up on your beautiful nicotine free life! 

• Like 1

If you want an example of an amazing group of hard working people, check this out.  The road and railroad repairs are coming together.  On the other hand, building inspections are showing wide spread damage, a couple schools that didn't make it, lots of homes off their foundations, etc. That will take more time.  But that off ramp, wow.

47323052_2219046384782588_8389951212367118336_n.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Runfree said:

If you want an example of an amazing group of hard working people, check this out.  The road and railroad repairs are coming together.  On the other hand, building inspections are showing wide spread damage, a couple schools that didn't make it, lots of homes off their foundations, etc. That will take more time.  But that off ramp, wow.

47323052_2219046384782588_8389951212367118336_n.jpg

Not surprised to see the good people of Alaska getting right back to work after the earthquake.  Strong, independent folks up there.  I once heard Alaskans described as "cold weather Texans."

Godspeed Last Frontier.

• Like 2